Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
The Senior Product Experience Manager is a vital member of the small and fast-moving product team at Openly. In this role, you will be responsible for scaling and maintaining our core homeowners insurance product (B2B2C). This is a unique opportunity to scale a product in a market that has lacked innovation in decades.
- The internal advocate for our agents, customers, and users by ‘getting out of the building’ and into their world
- Develop expertise in our agents’ processes and identify opportunities where Openly can improve the product experience.
- Validate your hypotheses with a variety of prototypes and stakeholder-feedback strategies.
- Drive the product strategy and roadmap for the homeowner’s core product experience.
- Prioritize and guide the work in a cross-functional outcome-focused team that includes Design, Engineering, Agent Experience, Operations, Marketing, and Business Development.
- Leverage tools such as GitLab, Shortcut or JIRA, analytics platforms, Figma, and Notion to create meaningful customer solutions.
- 4+ years of Software Product Management experience shipping products that drive positive business impact and customer outcomes.
- 1+ years of experience with the insurance industry and insure-tech
- Prior background in procuring and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to drive business decisions
- A curious mind; you proactively seek out ways to engage customers and foresee challenges
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, outcome-focused environment
- Experience working with designers and developers to deliver impactful solutions that drive business and customer success
- Ability to focus on deliverables that drive desired outcomes
- Ability navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a high-growth scale-up environment
- Experience building APIs and/or API integrations
- Familiarity with user-experience design practices
- Experience with product analytics tools such as Amplitude, Pendo, Mixpanel, Full Story, or other
Benefits & Perks
- Base Salary: $120,000-$130,000, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the “work-from-anywhere” mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.