The Jack Henry Digital team is redefining the relationship between forward-thinking financial institutions and their customers. We have an industry leading product vision to build an open banking platform that helps community banks and credit unions compete.
Product Managers on our team champion a user-centered, data-informed process to help our company ship the right products for our users. They are researchers, strategists and evangelists, assisting teams to define and build features that delight users while delivering on the company’s strategic vision.
Jack Henry Digital is committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech start-up, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company.
- Minimum 6 years of experience working on digital (mobile/web applications) products.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a product management role.
- Must have experience with one of the following:
- Developer/Engineer experience with a software project from concept to delivery
- Product Management experience in Banking/Fintech.
- Product Design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming user needs into an actionable product vision and requirements definition.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and constraints to define solutions.
- Natural curiosity about how things work and a drive to make them work better.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Excellent organizational skills, analytic capabilities, and attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be the voice of the user in all aspects of product development.
- Designs, modifies and manages activities for a specific feature, product, or group of products from product definition and planning through production and release.
- Serves as the central resource with design, process, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to completion and release.
- Tracks statistics of product adoption by customers and translates feedback into enhancement recommendations.
- Ensures a smooth turnover to the implementation or support organizations that includes planning, training and hand off.
- Establishes and interacts with user community (e.g., focus groups, ESP, customer fact finding, etc.)
- Creates and maintains the product vision/roadmap.
- Participates in the rollout of marketing plans/campaigns.
- Promotes investigation and application of new technologies and industry trends to product management activities.
- Ensures that products meet specifications and quality goals.