Job Description – Product Manager
Not looking for a typical product management gig? Passionate about joining a team that is impacting how health benefit plans are being modeled and delivered? You may be a fit! We’re looking for someone who’s interested in learning how the health benefits space operates and getting their hands dirty to help us deliver killer solutions for benefit advisors, insurance carriers, reinsurers, underwriters, administrators, and service providers. We will need you to build relationships with our customers, while providing support, collecting requirements and getting feedback to drive the strategy and roadmap. Your day to day would include everything from learning how health plans are structured and the financial implementation of the plans, to helping run a small agile team deliver solutions, usually with ridiculously tight timelines, for customers who immediately use those solutions in the wild. Then head into the field to see those solutions in action. Rinse and repeat! We’re growing and are looking for someone with as much passion about our industry and product as we have to add to the team! Fun? Exhausting? Exhilarating? Rewarding? All of the above really.
Who are we?
It is our mission to drive better decision making in healthcare. Claros Analytics provides next-generation analytics to model, price and predict health benefits cost. We serve companies that advise employers on their health benefit plans and that develop and operate those plans. Claros provides a competitive advantage to our clients with sophisticated predictive analytics delivered on a subscription basis. Our fast-growing client list already exceeds 150 companies, including 7 of the 10 largest national benefit brokerages. Our innovative technology, superior actuarial models, and expert support has led to 90%+ renewal rates.
Our software applications are essential to anyone who wants to deliver better health plans and those managing the financial risks of these plans.
What you’d be on the hook for:
• Learn, breathe, and immerse yourself with the ins and outs of how health benefit plans are constructed and how the costs and risks of those plans are analyzed and evaluated
• Be the owner of an exciting product suite that will allow you to have a big impact on how health plans are understood and ultimately delivered to employers and plan members
• Drive product solutions from concept to deployment
• Demonstrated the ability to see the impact of industry trends in health benefits and apply it to your solutions.
• Build relationships with our customers, while providing support, collecting requirements and getting feedback to drive the strategy and roadmap
• Enjoy the day to day experience of providing feedback, working, and discussing needs and expectations with our business and engineering teams
• Assist in the day to day operations of keeping a small software team humming, including creating and managing stories, backlogs and running iteration meetings
• Be a key owner of developing our Product Management processes and be a major influencer in effecting change at Claros Analytics
Here’s some of the experience you ideally have:
• Product management experience (5 years +, preferably in a software shop)
• A history of product successes (and failures) to show. Which projects have you started from scratch? How have you had to pivot? and what was the result?
• A philosophy around what great product management is
• Ability to prioritize tasks, based off customer requirements and delivery constraints
• Great communication skills, in the context of different stakeholders
• Experience working with agile processes and methodologies
• Multiple methodologies to solving problems such as prioritization, buy vs build, and organizational structures.
• Enough of a technical background, to call BS when required
• Humility, plus strong opinions loosely held
• Ability to travel 10%
• A University Degree
• Flexibility to work remotely nationwide or based in our Princeton, NJ headquarters.
• A mission-critical role in a fast-growing company that is still small enough for you to influence our path forward.
• Have impact immediately and see your decisions in action
• A chance to work with a stellar and passionate group
• Competitive compensation, including health insurance, 401k contributions, flexible time off, and equity participation.
Candidate should be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Interested? Send your resume with a cover note describing why you are interested in this role and what makes you a compelling candidate to email@example.com.