Overview of the role
Situated within the eOne Family team in London, the Digital Manager – Apps plays a key role in the growth of a multi-faceted and successful family entertainment business and will be responsible for app publishing and partnerships on iOS, Google, Amazon and other platforms.
The successful candidate will have experience of managing new release and catalogue kids app product, marketing strategies for premium, IAP and subscription kids apps, a strong understanding of app, gaming and kids digital platforms, and experience in managing retail-style relationships with app stores. They will be able to identify opportunities for our properties, sell in those projects internally, identify and interrogate partners, and execute on those opportunities.
The successful candidate will join a team of 100 and will be expected to work closely and proactively with the brand, marketing and business development functions of eOne Family to drive eOne Family content on the Google, Amazon and Apple ecosystems. In addition, the role will demand excellent verbal and written communication skills, a hands-on and can-do attitude, strong problem solving skills, and a desire to be at the forefront of the way in which children and young adults use digital-led solutions.
eOne Family is an exciting, fast growing entertainment company that specialises in the acquisition, production, distribution and licensing of kids, tween and teen TV and digital content. Key properties in the eOne Family rights portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig, PJ Masks, Ben & Holly’s Little Kingdom, Pat & Stan, So So Happy, and Skelanimals.
eOne Family has 100 employees based in London, Toronto, New York, Melbourne, Hong Kong and Sao Paulo. eOne Family is part of the wider Entertainment One Group, a leading international entertainment company with film TV and music operations across the world. The Entertainment One Group has over 1,300 employees worldwide, with offices in Toronto, London, New York, LA, Madrid, Amsterdam and Sydney.
Drive revenue for Family app content on App stores (Amazon, iTunes, Google Play) across the world
- Manage the publishing of new products across multiple brands, multiple territories and multiple app stores
- Feed into the development pipeline to ensure that our releases generate significant revenue and exposure and meet our strategic goals
- Specifically planning and setting content live to international territories aligning with market priorities
- Review and analyse the pricing options and promotions available to us in the app stores and implement changes as appropriate
- Track performance and identify opportunities to increase sales
- Work with commercial teams and internal partners to create product release schedules and launch countdown schedules and maintain ongoing release schedule
- Work with the finance teams to budget all app and mobile gaming revenue streams and marketing costs on a twice yearly basis. Track weekly performance and present back to the Online and Gaming team, and track monthly performance against budget and report back to divisional management, the finance team and the Online and Gaming team
Drive the marketing and exposure of Family app content on App stores
- Responsible for the creation and execution of marketing plans for new release apps, including preparation and presentation of product marketing decks, reviewing and executing customer acquisition strategies (paid media, adwords, PR, bloggers, CPA etc)
- Key contact for eOne Family liaising with the Apple, Google and Amazon app stores to secure editorial exposure at release and thereafter
- Work with platforms to ensure releases get sufficient exposure on the stores for example featuring in store and search ads
- Seek out promotional opportunities to drive consumers to transactional opportunities
- Responsible for managing the product marketing deck and associated assets in run up to app launches
Ensure our ASO is executed in a way that drives maximum revenue and exposure
- Review performance of the apps in store and make suggestions to improve performance
- Offer recommendations to improve app store optimisation and review regularly
- Identifying need for A/B Testing of app icons, app description copy, screenshots, keywords
- Regularly check app store review and consumer queries to ensure major feedback and bugs are captured and resolved
- Carry out competitor reviews across app stores and critical analysis of best practices
Working with marketing and commercial departments to implement digital projects for eOne Family properties and brands
Ability to present strategies to marketing and commercial heads and external parties to get buy-in/approval
- Work closely with the Senior Digital Producer to define and implement product roadmaps incorporating strategic priorities and business objectives
- Collaborate with the Senior Producer and Digital Producer on ideas and suggestions for the app release strategy for our brands including monetisation
- Work closely with marketing and product development teams to ensure that editorial and theming within assets reflects brand strategies
- Constantly examine digital trends, social media trends, competitor trends, consumer trends, online behaviours and technology trends to ensure that our digital and non-digital strategy is ahead of the curve
- Working closely with marketing and commercial colleagues, responsible for implementing cohesive digital projects that reflect the division’s commercial goals and the key brand management themes of our diverse range of properties
- Digital expert with an in-depth knowledge of the digital platforms and app stores
- Demonstrable passion for content and children’s brands
- Strong familiarity with digital metrics
- Excellent understanding of ASO principles and marketing channels
- Understanding of emerging trends and technologies in digital and the wider technology market place
- Demonstrable product management experience in the digital space
- Takes a proactive and flexible approach to work and be comfortable with a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities
- A diplomat, with the ability to work collaboratively, constructively and effectively with other departments in the division