Forget everything else. This is Power over Pay.
Employees work hard and have to wait to get paid monthly, while their financial wellbeing is under pressure; With Wagestream, you can give people power over their pay and remove that financial stress.
Did you know, the lowest 10% of earners in the UK make the banks the most money in fees, charges and interest?
Here at Wagestream, we believe that is fundamentally wrong – and we are on a mission to change that!
Financial Wellness is a new “ish” term in the software world, but we are having a big impact. We are backed by social impact charities such as Big Society Capital, and the Social Tech Trust – we are more than just a FinTech…!
There are a lot of software buzzwords that come in and out of fashion, and we don’t think Earned Wage Access is one of them, we know we are here to stay.
What’s the end game? Easy. Financial Wellness for everyone, everywhere. #PowerOverPay
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with experience on Mobile (iOS and Android) platforms to play a pivotal role in creating new user experiences within our entire product range. You’ll work with Engineers and Product Managers to help us solve problems for our amazing clients, within a brand new and growing design team.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity to help shape and build our design team, and one of your first tasks will be to support in scoping out the roles needed and getting involved in hiring.
What will you be doing?
Your primary responsibilities will be:
– To collaborate with internal teams, external clients, and our users to produce user experiences within our apps and portals
– Using existing insights and research to provide recommendations to the wider team around best approach to solve problems
– Creating futureproof, scaleable and accessible product designs
What experience might you have?
– You’re currently a Senior Product Designer or, if not, you’re definitely ready to take the next step up
– Start-up/scale up experience
– Working with Figma, Miro, Lookback, Confluence, Monday or similar
– You have experience using, maintaining, and contributing to a design system for products that span over multiple devices, and know how to unify design patterns across a whole user experience
– You know how to create UI/UX artifacts, such user flows, information architecture, personas, and prototypes, and can bring key stakeholders along the journey
– You have experience conducting user testing and gain meaningful insights from users
– You’re a collaborator, and are unafraid to get regular feedback from your team and can confidently facilitate design workshops with wider stakeholders
– You’re comfortable presenting design decisions informally with your team, and formally with clients and users, in a compelling and clear way using evidence-based rationale
– You can take a brief, concept, or idea, and quickly start to problem solve without needing too much additional guidance, drawing upon your knowledge of what patterns work and asking critical questions to guide your thinking
– You naturally reach out to other designers in an organisation and align with them on outputs, as well as offer advice and mentorship whenever another designer has a design related question
– You care about the needs of people who rely on early wage access and may be financially struggling, and want to improve their outcomes
– You enjoy experimenting with brand assets and are capable of extending this design language with new ideas as well as executing using our existing guidelines
Nice to have:
– Experience forming and running qualitative and quantitative user research
– Experience of financial products
– Experience with designing user experiences for B2B SaaS platforms
– Experience mentoring junior designers
Within 1 month you’ll have:
– Got to grips with our design system for the product and have become fairly fluent in the Wagestream brand style
– Delivered at least one design brief that makes it into build
– Spoken to at least a handful of end users that have the Wagestream app
Within 3 months you’ll have:
– Developed strong relationships with the design team, and are able to collaborate with them cross-functionally as required
– Taken the lead on a significant piece of design work, taking it through from concept to delivery and done the relevant user research needed to support
– Started to grow a pool of users to conduct user testing and research with
Within 6 months you’ll have:
– Become a subject-matter expert on key Wagestream features
– Delivered multiple pieces of work which have been tested with end users, and have given steer on the next batch of iterations and improvements
– Ongoing relationships with users that you regularly conduct user testing and research with
– We will pay you what you’re worth. We are fully committed to closing the gender pay gap, promoting diversity and inclusivity, and paying people what they deserve to be paid
– You’ll also receive £250 “home office allowance” to buy anything to get your home office comfortable
– State of the art, brand new equipment – from Apple MacBook Pros, 34″ curved monitors and Wagestream Swag!
– We’ll help you manage your busy lifestyle with flexible working opportunities; most of the team work “core hours” to allow touchpoints with their team, but we also make sure you have the time to pick the kids up at 3pm, or go for that mid-morning run to boost your productivity. We want you to have the best of both worlds
– We offer 25 days annual leave in addition to public holidays (up to 5 day rollover), as well as flexible time off allowances for any ad-hoc childcare/family/caring needs
– We offer 12 weeks paid maternity leave and up to 4 weeks paid paternity leave for employees with over 12 months service
– We will support you with your career endeavours: you’ll have access to our learning partner platform – SkillerWhale
– We want to invest in you financially, so we have a pension scheme with Aviva
– If you love cycling as much as we do, keep yourself physically fit with our Evans Cycles Ride to Work scheme
– And after a long weeks’ work, join us in undoing it all – with membership to The Wine Society. (They also do gin and beer!)
– We want everyone to achieve “zen mastery” with a free subscription to Calm — work can be stressful and we want to help you switch off
For the days when meditation isn’t enough, you’ll have access to Spill: free mental health support on the go.
– And the best benefit of all… Free access to the Wagestream service – naturally!
Salary: starting from £65,000 + equity