We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble app and Badoo app are used by millions of people to create healthy and equitable relationships. We are looking for a VP, Product Design to lead and grow our product design teams while ensuring the highest level of craft and execution.
The ideal candidate will have strong design, leadership and communication skills, and foster a culture of continuous innovation to help us deliver on our mission.
At its core Bumble app is about delivering a safe and empowered dating experience where women are in control; from the creation of rich authentic profiles, to community discovery, meaningful connections with matches and successful transition to dating.
Badoo is about creating a place where you can quickly make authentic connections without pressure; from fuller profiles, to the discovery of personalities, to fast and fun connection without barriers. Working as part of the leadership team, this role will shape the vision and strategy for how our unique apps will evolve, creating a differentiated dating experience.
- Be a key partner in the creation of the long term product vision and strategy across our Apps
- Grow, manage and coach a talented and diverse team of product designers across a full stack range of design skills
- Create a world-class, collaborative design practice with clear objectives and ambitious goals.
- Create a design culture and talent band that attracts the strongest and most mission driven designers from around the world
- Drive collaboration across the org to build alignment on direction and priorities leading to product design and execution that aligns with business objectives
- Setting up the function to execute in a fast-paced highly fluid environment
Experience we are looking for
- A proven record of translating the ambitions of a mission-lead company into an effective design and product strategy that delivers an exceptional customer experience and industry leading product.
- 8+ years of experience in Product Design with at least 5+ years of leadership experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership, including hiring and developing senior managers and individual contributors
- Senior people management, team development, recruiting and org building experience
- Experience growing a strategic design practice within design teams all the way to production
- Visual and interaction experience in mobile software design
- You are deeply passionate about creating healthy relationships with equality, empowerment and safety at their core.
- People you have worked with describe you as an inspiring leader and exceptional designer.
- You care deeply about every single member of your team and every single part of your Apps
- You are skilled in deploying situational leadership, adapting your style according to the specific needs of your team.
- You are happiest in a fast-paced environment but know when to balance moving fast against breaking things.
- You will keep the customer and the value we need to deliver for that customer at the centre of everything you and the team do.
- You exhibit clarity in your communications and aligning others is a superpower.