Changing the way the world deals with death
Dealing with death — losing a parent, a partner or a best friend — is the hardest thing most people ever go through. For too long, it’s been a dreary affair with top hats, paperwork, and bureaucracy. We think it’s time for things to change.
At Farewill we build the best products in the world for dealing with death. Beautifully designed, easy to use, built for taking care of the people you love.
One of the fastest-growing startups in the UK, in the last 12 months we’ve:
- Averaged an NPS of 82
- Hit 10,000 Trustpilot reviews at 4.9/5
- Grown from 50 to 140 people
- Grown revenue 800%
- Closed our £20m Series B
- Won major National Awards (Consumer Business of the Year, Economic Innovator of the Year, Employer of the Year to name a few)
- Featured in the Top 20 Companies to work for in London in 2020/2021
- Featured in the The UK’s 100 Best Mid-sized Companies to Work For 2021
- Featured in the UK’s Top 5 scale-ups of 2021 in TNW’s 100 hottest young European scale-ups list
- Ranked #3 in the UK’s 100 Most Innovative & Disruptive Businesses
- Pledged over £440m for charity
We’re now looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Funerals Product team.
About the role
The Funerals team is responsible for building the product experience that enables families to arrange funerals that genuinely reflect the person they’ve lost.
Product Managers work at the core of multi-disciplinary teams – as a PM, you’ll be working iteratively and collaboratively as part of a product team made up of designers, engineers, analysts, researchers, and writers. You’ll also be working closely with our other teams in marketing, sales and operations as well as our leadership team to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives.
Farewill is built on a strong product culture that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do. Our reviews show our dedication; we hold a 4.9/5 rating on Trustpilot with over 10,000 reviews and an NPS of 82. We’re looking for someone that can build on these foundations, prioritise thoughtfully and at pace, and supercharge our ability to deliver value to our customers.
During your first year at Farewill, you will:
- Build products that will help 100,000+ customers deal with some of the most difficult challenges life may bring.
- Refresh and finesse our Funerals product vision and strategy to align with our company goals.
- Set out the end to end funerals product experience: landing page, phone call, purchase experience, arranging experience, funeral, after the funeral.
- Develop & lead our Funerals product team around rituals & collaboration, goal-setting including OKRs, stakeholder management, and innovation.
- Create value for our customers and make an impact towards our business objectives.
We think the right person for this role will have:
- Customer focussed, having launched products sold direct to customers and driven significant traction.
- Experience running product teams including collaborating with design, research, engineering, as well as customer acquisition teams, marketers, operations and leadership.
- Experience turning company vision into product strategy and structure; setting up rituals for effective collaboration; creating & communicating a clear roadmap & goals; keeping track of progress against them; upholding pace.
- Experience owning the end-to-end service including understanding market context, setting pricing and how a product is sold.
- A track record of keeping the bar for quality on execution high whilst providing the space for innovation
Not requirements – but nice to have:
- Experience working in a regulated environment or working in a business with an offline component is a nice to have
- Working on ‘low volume’ direct to consumer products.
If this sounds like it matches your experience and what you’d love to do, we can’t wait to hear from you! If you’re unsure whether you fit our criteria exactly, please get in touch anyway. We care just as much about personality and attitude.
What we offer in return:
This role is a unique opportunity to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. We believe in empowering our product teams to chart their own course towards our strategic priorities.
- Competitive salary and generous stock options.
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays.
- Flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office*.
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
Regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials.
- Santander cycles membership!
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people’s lives and deaths.
- And much more!
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience! But apply soon as applications close on November 30th, 2021 (end of day).
*Currently our lovely office in Haggerston is available if people want — and only if they want. Previously, we had work from home Wednesdays, however, our current plan is to move to a mix of office-based and remote working.
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death – to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone.
To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us feels like they can be themselves, bring their whole selves to work, and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible/remote working options. And, If you need any flexibility or adjustments in our interview process – to help set you up for success – then please let us know too.