The Product Manager will work to ensure Comic Relief (CR) becomes a technology-enabled funder. Within the business, you will apply your problem-solving skills to set up new processes while optimising and automating existing ones – taking a holistic look at the end-to-end processes across the organisation. As the user champion, you will ensure we are utilising products which are intuitive and serve the needs of both internal and external users. Your goal is to increase the effectiveness of teams by giving them the right tools to increase the impact of CR’s work.
· User Champion, responsible for understanding internal and external user needs, ensuring they are central to product discovery, development and delivery.
· Understand desired outcomes or jobs-to-be-done through systems thinking and translate these into technical requirements.
· Identify whether internal development or third party technologies best meets CR needs.
· Work closely with colleagues in the Engineering and Data teams to integrate new solutions into the wider CR eco-system of products and processes.
· Prioritise your work to deliver the highest value to CR; reduce waste, improve Return on Investment (ROI).
· Upskill individuals through delivery of documentation and training to take on Product Owner roles, handing over responsibility of processes and systems to stakeholder champions.
· Identify improvement opportunities, championing the practice of continuous improvement.
· Be an ambassador for collaborative cross-functional working across the organisation.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Experience of evaluation and procurement of services – ensuring they are affordable and feasible.
· Understanding of agile principles and experience working in an agile environment.
· Confident at data interpretation with the ability to make data informed decisions.
· Understanding of the principles and processes behind effective data processing and management.
· Skilled/adaptable communicator – able to flex style between coach, advisor and challenger.
· Collaborative worker – able to work closely with leadership and other teams.
· Effective relationship builder with strong stakeholder management skills.
· Outstanding product management skills – ability use to user-centred and evidence driven product management techniques to create viable, valuable and desirable products.
· Curious and creative thinker – to create a learning organisation committed to continuous improvement and always striving to do things better.
Perks and benefits
• Flexible working hours
• Work from home option
• Wellness programs
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
• Paid emergency leave
• Sabbatical Opportunities
• Professional development
• Paid volunteer days
• Payroll giving
• Team social events
• Extracurricular clubs
• Cycle to work scheme
• Candidate happiness
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online
12:00pm, 16th Nov 2021 GMT
Inclusivity at Comic Relief
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That’s regardless of your gender, ethnicity, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity. We especially welcome those from under-represented groups in modern grant-making and fundraising. We are on a journey, but if you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
· Be valued for being yourself
· Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
· Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience or background
· Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Comic Relief is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm.