At Flux, we think it’s insane that paper receipts still exist when the rest of the payment process is digital. Paper receipts are non-recyclable, consume oil, trees, and water, and they don’t fit into the digital lifestyle that we currently have – so we’re on a mission to eradicate them once and for all.
We work with banks and retailers across the UK to create digital receipts that are delivered straight into your banking app and a range of instant cashback offers. We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Integrations team – who are responsible for our external facing APIs, integrating with new Point of Sale systems and facilitating Bank integrations. This team is critical to Flux’s success and is expected to grow over the next 6-12 months.
You’ll be responsible for the roadmap of this team – you’ll need to have a deep understanding of our business objectives at Flux, be able to prioritise complex problems and opportunities and make decisions that add the most value to our business. Once you’re confident with what problems to solve, you’ll lead the team through the process of conceptualising, defining and delivering impactful projects.
Product is a young discipline at Flux, so you’ll need to be comfortable working in a more ambiguous environment and be excited for the opportunity to contribute to how Product works in our organisation.
Over an average week, you’ll:
- Run daily stand ups with your team to keep on top of work that is happening and identify blockers
- Lead prioritisation sessions and effectively work with your engineering and design colleagues to make the right trade-offs and make sure that features get deliver quickly and efficiently
- Work directly with our designer to create & iterate on areas of the product, and run user testing sessions to make sure we’re considering customer feedback in the design process
- Brainstorm with the team & your stakeholders to identify customer needs and ways to deliver value to our customers and partners
- Update your main stakeholders – like the sales team – on project work and collect feedback from sales and our customers to identify new problems and opportunities
- Update the rest of the company on your team’s work in our weekly meeting
- Develop a roadmap with team and stakeholders along with a coherent product backlog that supports it. Continuously maintain, prioritise and iterate on this backlog
- Triage issues and new requests that come to your team to make sure we’re always working on the most important thing
- Track and monitor your features’ performance and functionality after launch to iterate and improve on them
- Communicate with your team to continuously improve how you work together, making sure everyone is productive, happy and efficient
Our ideal candidate has experience:
- Leading a growing product team with 2-3 developers
- Working first hand in a product team critical to the company’s success
- Working with APIs – enough to understand how they work, and how to improve them and their documentation, and ideally to help out with initial debugging too
- Defining success metrics for projects and ensuring you’re set up to adequately measure impact (though analytics support is available!)
- With complex stakeholder management, ideally where sales teams and/or external parties have been key stakeholders
- Clearly communicating technical issues to a wider audience
- Working in a growing start up where speed of delivery is crucial
Technology drives a lot of our day to day lives and the under-representation of minority communities in the technology sector is concerning at best and discriminatory at worst. Our interview process will never disadvantage anyone on the basis of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religious affiliation or family situation. Digitising the world’s receipt data means building a company with products that work for everyone including those in under-represented communities and the only way we can achieve this is by building a diverse team.
At Flux, we walk the walk when it comes to collaboration, transparency and respect for others. Being able to bring your authentic self is paramount to our collective success. Our Thursday afternoon meetings are an amazing opportunity for the team to share the latest from their areas – not just work things but personal things too! This means that you are not just joining the product team, but will also become an integral part of Flux.
Compensation: £60-80k but negotiable based on experience, plus equity options
Equity: EMI share options
- 36 Holidays (inc Bank Holidays)
- Macbook Pro and additional set up
- Flux Club – £100 a month at any Flux retailer
- Personal Development Fund – £1,200 per year
- Personal Days for you to look after your mental health
- Mental Health support from our partners Spill
- Hybrid Office Policy (“Flux”ible Working) – WFH is default and you will never be forced to come into the office
- When in the office, a dog friendly environment