We are seeking a Vice President of Product Management who has the passion, experience, and vision to lead us in the next phase of innovation and business scaling in the energy analytics space.
The Vice President of Product Management will report to the CTO and is a critical member of the Senior Management Team. You will be responsible for planning and outlining the company’s product vision and product development strategies and ensuring that the product roadmap is aligned with its business objectives and clients’ needs. You will manage and build out the Product Management function and work with the engineering leadership team and other internal and external stakeholders to build, lead, and manage a robust product roadmap. Ideally, you have a background in energy analytics and BigData, and it’s a plus if you have experience in Power Grid Interconnection, AI-based Energy System Modeling, and 3rd Party Integrations. You are comfortable with and understand how to succeed working in a small and nimble company serving the world’s largest companies. You are also a doer and will be excited to accelerate our product roadmap to enable our rapid growth.
We are looking for a strong leader who’s highly adaptable, open to providing and receiving feedback, and willing to invest their time to continue building a leading energy analytics platform to be the de facto standard in our industry.
- Establish the Product Management Function by leading the organization to build, define, operationalize, and scale this function, including People (team/skills), Process, and Products (Product Management tools)
- Define Short- and Long-Term Product Roadmaps and Releases based on customer and market inputs, working closely with engineering leadership, the senior management team, and other stakeholders
- Lead Release Planning and Communications to internal and external audiences
- Develop Market Intelligence, including competitive analysis, market trends, and opportunity identification, in partnership with Marketing and Sales teams
- Define the Voice of the Customer, including personas and customer/stakeholder interviews, collaborating with the Customer Success and Sales teams
- Define requirements for new products, the feature adds, and feature enhancement in collaboration with the engineering team and other stakeholders
- Define, Track, and Report on KPIs to measure product business performance in line with business objectives
- Drive 3rd party Partnerships and Integrations
- Serve on the senior management team that creates the vision, strategies, and product launch
- Turn roadmaps into real business value streams through hands-on work
- Be the company’s product leader working with the management team to attract, develop, and retain top talent
- Participate in and support enterprise sales activities with large corporations in the energy industry
- Clearly communicate product/feature tradeoffs, timelines, decisions, implications to the senior management team and other team members
Required Skills, Qualifications and Competencies
- 10 years’ experience managing and running a Product Management Function
- Experience managing and developing software-as-a-service solutions
- Expert in or passion for Green Energy
- Understand technology sufficiently to converse with engineering, understand scoping, product structures, and integrations. Our tech stack consists of AWS Cloud technologies, including Python, Java, Elastic Search, Docker, etc.
- Business acumen, sufficient to understand the market and industry landscape, identify business opportunities, and ensure product priorities are aligned with strategic and business objectives
- Process rigor to define and ensure consistent planning and communications processes and tools
- Knowledge of Agile methodology, including Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), and ability to implement an Agile culture.
- Previous experience in the role of Product Owner in Agile and deep knowledge of development frameworks (i.e. Scrum, Kanban) is also desired
- Competence as a product manager and a leader able to manage in hierarchical and matrixed organization settings
- Entrepreneurial attitude to build and expand the Product
- Management function from the ground up
- Experience working in AWS or other Clouds
- Team player with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Experience dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Independent self-starter capable of driving cross-functional initiatives from concept to launch
- Excellent leadership and strong communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree
- Travel Required (30%) – Post COVID-19 remote