Receipt Bank, despite the name, is not a bank – we are a tech startup looking to disrupt and reshape the accounting and bookkeeping industry.
As an award-winning SaaS company in the top UK 50 Startups – we’d like to think we’re doing pretty well so far.
Currently, we are looking for a new team member to join the Customer Experience team as a Data Analyst.
The Customer Experience (CX) team’s aim is to help our user’s make the bookkeeping experience feel as effortless as possible. We use the insights from the analysis of our users’ behaviour to discover better ways to do this.
The CX team works alongside product owners, UX researchers, UX designers, sales specialists and marketing pros to help them understand how the customer experience is currently being delivered so that we can continually iterate and improve as a whole.
If you like shiny data tools than you’re going to love what we have on offer. We have invested in a great product analytics & data stack, and as a result, you’ll have world-class exposure to some of the most cutting-edge processes and tools available today. AWS-powered data lake, Looker BI, Jupyter, Salesforce, Mixpanel, Segment, Appboy & Receptive just to name a few of them.
To handle the challenges that this role will offer you’ll need to be confident, organised person with a passion for detail and process. You’ll translate complex data queries into simple, actionable recommendations and communicate these accordingly based on the audience.
As a Data Analyst, you’ll spend your day unleashing insights from your SQL prowess to help other teams in the business to turn them into actions. You’ll deliver business outcomes through compelling visualisations in Looker BI. As a Data Analyst, you’ll be a go-to person when people have data questions and you’ll support them on their journey to discovering the answers.
What you’ll be doing
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data visualisation and data-mining to tell the story behind the numbers and derive actionable insights for the CX team.
- Convert ideas into dashboards that are simple and visually appealing, yet showcase a powerful story.
- Build out the Looker data model to ensure it’s reflecting core business processes specifically related to the customer experience
- Work effectively with teams to understand their processes and key questions in order to build tailored analytics capability that solves their problems.
- Use a deep understanding of the different business functions and reflect this logic into the Looker data model.
- Provide insight and analysis to identify potential growth opportunities.
Your skill set
- SQL is your weapon of choice. You should understand core SQL inside out and be pushing the boundaries of your mastery.
- Create story masterpieces through data visualisation techniques
- You’ll also share our passion for data-driven decision making.
- You’ll need to be able to work with minimal supervision & reach your Scrum story points each sprint (so hopefully you’ll have worked in an Agile team before)
- Help stakeholders and management consume data that is useful by creating highly effective dashboards/visualisations/email alerts
- This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to work with a tight-knit team, who wants the freedom to develop their skills, but also bring originality and insight to our team.
What’s in it for you:
- £28,000 – £32,000 per annum
- Free food & drink available throughout the day
- Monthly companywide lunches
- Gaming and book clubs
- Regular social nights out
- Quarterly work parties including Christmas party
- Opportunity to further study and obtain certification in your respective field of expertise
- Free company gym access and showers/changing room facilities
- Opportunity to travel to international office locations as we continue to expand Receipt Bank around the globe.
- Unlimited Cake