The Health Service Journal (HSJ) is the industry leading title for healthcare leaders and a key part of Wilmington Healthcare. After more than 125 years in print, we recently marked the completion of our transition to digital by publishing our final print edition. We have a strong track record of new product development, with our recent launches HSJ Intelligence and HSJ Solutions winning prestigious awards from the PPA and AOP. Our transformation into a digital information business has helped us to buck the trend across B2B media by growing subscriptions and revenue.
We are now looking for a product manager to help guide the next phase of HSJ’s development through the continued improvement of existing products and the development of innovative new launches. The product manager will get the opportunity to develop a wide range of experience in a relatively small but powerful, influential and entrepreneurial business.
- Support head of product in market and user research and roadmapping
- Capture needs from colleagues and customers and develop these into user stories
- Work with technical teams on sprint planning, testing and releases
- Design and execute tests to inform decision-making
- Be the in-house expert in our content management systems, and train colleagues
- Oversee smooth running of HSJ products; take practical steps where appropriate to resolve problems
- Prioritise bugs and enhancements
Skills and Experience Required
- A product manager with around two years’ experience who is ready to take on more responsibility
- A solid working knowledge of Agile project management
- Use of analytics
- Strong communication skills
- Good planning and time management
- Experience in the publishing sector desirable