At Else, our mission is to empower people to live a more balanced life. We are creating technology to make the cooking experience simple and healthy. Ultimately, we are driven to improve people’s relationship with what they eat.
Oliver is a smart cooking robot—An expert chef, recipe library, meal planner and shopping assistant all in one. In 2020 we launched Oliver on Indiegogo and led a successful campaign. Now, as we ramp up for production and delivery of the first Olivers, we need your help pushing forward.
At Else, we’ve built a team with grit, integrity and passion for technology and food. Does this sound like you? Come join us.
About the role
If the idea of working with a small design team and building functional, beautiful digital products excites you then Else Labs is the best place to be!
We at Else, are looking for a diligent, practical, creative mind who is ready to take on planning, executing and overseeing the design of our suite of products and platforms.
- Understand the intricacies of Else Labs products and platforms as a digital ecosystem and the journeys Else Labs users take navigating our products
- Collaborate across internal teams to determine appropriate vision and planning for design team to deliver upon
- Working and collaborating with our Product Designer with UX and UI, ensuring all new screens, motion and UI components are in-keeping with our internal Design System and UI kits
- Create storyboards, prototypes and high fidelity designs to present to stakeholders and developers during weekly meetings
- Assisting software and design team with UX planning, research and testing when needed
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Comfortable working with a team of marketing & branding, software developers, UX designers and copywriters
- Documentation of all new and improved design assets and processes to be shared company wide
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Health, wellness and dental benefits
- Equity in the company
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunity to have impact in a growing company
You’ll love this job if
- You’re passionate about execution and delivering outstanding, sustainable designs and ensure other designers follow your example
- You’re looking to grow your career or become more specialized in your craft
- Involving and getting feedback from cross-functional teams is important to your design process
- You want to work with a collaborative and thoughtful team that pushes themselves to do better.
- You love to eat delicious food and discover dishes from around the world
What you need to apply
- Post secondary education, diploma or significant time spent on personal study in Product design, UI/UX Design, Creative Direction or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a design role
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of design fundamentals, UI/UX and product design processes and frameworks
- Excellent project management skills directly relating to digital products
- Excellent brand, design awareness and knowledge of UI trends
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud or Affinity Suite
- Portfolio showcasing multi-platform designs demonstrating your process from start to finish
- Experience working with Figma (our main UI/UX tool)
- Experience working with Miro (our main UX tool)
- Accuracy and attention to both micro and macro details
- Ability to work independently, as a part of a team and with directors
- Enthusiasm towards briefs and for yours and your team’s professional development
Not sure if your experience precisely matches the job description? Many skills are transferable—Passion and an open mindset go a long way and we encourage you to apply.
Additional desirable skills
- You understand the importance of WCAG 2.0 standards in digital design and how poor adherence affects our users and products
- You’ve been through countless design-development cycles and you’ve shipped multiple products to prove it!
- Experience using document/asset management systems like Basecamp and Brandfolder is nice to have
- Experience with IoT
Else Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to boast an international and diverse team. Technology is global, food is international—Else is too.