Administrate is a training operations management platform used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers. Our mission is to provide an industry-leading platform that enables enterprises to run their training function more efficiently and effectively so that they can focus more on connecting with people than administering programs.
Our platform has evolved a lot in recent years, taking us up market, squarely into the enterprise tech space. We’re delighted with the success we’ve experienced so far, and we enjoy working together. Our headquarters are in Edinburgh, Scotland’s capital city. We also have bases in the Republic of Ireland, Lebanon and USA, as well as other team members working remotely around the world.
It’s our dream at Administrate to be the Ultimate Human Organization. We might build software, but that’s not the only area where we add value to our customers; our people are what make us and our customers successful. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our company stronger. If you share our values we’d love to hear from you.
Who You Are
You are a passionate leader who is able to build strategic vision and able to inspire and empower your team to realize it. You thrive on understanding customer and market needs, methodically weighing up different inputs to arrive at pragmatic and realistic solutions. You are a consummate team player, working well with your direct team in Product & Engineering whilst also partnering and ensuring alignment with the rest of the organization. You are not afraid to ask hard questions and you believe that the only way to move forward with confidence is to move forward together.
You are always looking to improve, striving to do better and to be faster. You find creative solutions but you also value standards and reuse. You care about the user experience and foster design thinking in your teams, leading by example by putting the user at the heart of everything you do.
You’re honest to a fault. You appreciate feedback. You respectfully speak your mind.
You love to work with great people and understand that small teams, dynamic companies and flexible working environments are unparalleled.
What You’ll Do
You will be a leader in our Product & Engineering organization, driving transformational change across the department. You will contribute to making us a world class product team through a relentless pursuit of excellence and a culture of continuous improvement.
You will be responsible for the overall vision and direction of the Administrate product roadmap, leading Product Management and User Experience teams, working alongside Engineering to drive the business forward. As the owner of the strategic product roadmap, the Director, Product Management will be accountable for its development and communication and will work alongside Engineering Leadership to ensure its timely execution.
You will be responsible for the visibility, reporting and scheduling of engineering work across the Engineering organization, working closely with the EVP Engineering and multiple other stakeholders including Engineering Managers, Product Managers and Architects. You will ensure that all work is visible and accounted for and that the highest priority items are always first in the queue. You will work closely with engineering teams and leadership to track roadmap execution, report on progress, unblock issues and remove dependencies.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that Administrate’s overall strategy and goals are supported by those of the product and reflected in the direction of the product roadmap.
- Defining and communicating the product roadmap, with internal and external stakeholders including directly with customers.
- Communicating directly and effectively with customers where required. Bringing the voice of the customer and the user back to Administrate.
- Ensuring effective feedback loops are in place within Administrate and with customers. Including internal teams such as customer Support and Account Management.
Ensuring Administrate understands the market, customer needs and competitive landscape.
- Partnering closely with Commercial teams, in particular Marketing, Sales and Account Management so that the business, our customers and the market understand the value proposition of Administrate and the product roadmap that we are delivering.
- Collaborating closely with Engineering Leadership and Architecture to ensure that the vision for our product is understood within our team and implemented in the most efficient and pragmatic way.
- Creating, refining and governing product management best practices
- Defining and governing processes for business case proposals, criteria and selection.
- Balancing customer needs, short term requirements and the future direction and vision of the business.
- Fostering a culture within product delivery where Product Managers focus on key business metrics such as P&L, NPS, Churn impacts for their areas.
- Line management and career development within the Product Management and User Experience functions.
- Growing and expanding the product management and user experience teams inline with the product engineering structure at Administrate.
- Creating and elaborating on development and succession plans for the product management team.
- Representing your team to an internal and external audience, ensuring alignment of expectations and clear communication of priority and status.
- Evangelizing and implementing product management best practices, contributing to the growth of the team and the product organization.
- Working with the Technical Program Manager to build a holistic (strategic, technical, support) roadmap and plan that enables the business and our customers to plan with confidence.
What You’ll Need
- Ability to make quick decisions and a demonstrable fail fast attitude.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Strong customer and user focus.
- Excellent business acumen and experience measuring and setting targets with key business metrics.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to give constructive and direct feedback.
- Ability to work with autonomy and turn high level direction into action, cascading appropriately and driving positive transformation.
- Experience leading and directly managing teams of product managers.
- Experience building and leading UX teams
- Experience with building and running a SAAS platform, especially in a B2B.
- Knowledge of typical SAAS KPIs such as NPS, HEART or similar
- Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders outside of Product.
- Agile experience, including practical experience with different methodologies and tools such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean
What You’ll Get
- Enjoy working as part of a talented team where everyone’s input is valued
- An unrivaled work/life balance – you work a 4-day, 32-hour, week but get paid for 5 days!
- 22 days holiday per year (based on a 4 day week) plus 6 Company holidays
- Great tools – MacBook, 27” monitor, mechanical keyboard etc
- Flexible working schedule
- Retirement savings
- Entirely private and confidential access to our resident therapist