We are rapidly expanding into the Email Marketing space with a new product called Marketing Campaigns. We’re seeking a talented and experienced Principal Product Manager to help us grow our Marketing Campaigns product into a dominant Email Marketing business.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Understand your target users through interviews, usage data, support tickets and other sources to understand their problems, and validate solutions to their most compelling problems
- Champion a customer-first and metrics-driven approach to product management
- Lead a cross-functional team from initial evaluation of ideas through the product development process to deliver products and experiences that our customers love and value
- Prioritize and communicate a problem and opportunity backlog for the Marketing Campaigns product line
- Partner with engineering leads to deliver projects via an Agile development process
- Partner with marketing, customer success, support and sales to launch new capabilities and track their results against SendGrid’ business goals
- Communicate your projects internally to the company, to our customers, and to partners
- We’re an agile, fast-growing company and this job description isn’t meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of your responsibilities
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management, preferably with some professional experience serving Marketers
- Customer Focused – You seek deep understanding of your customers and are adept at understanding their problems and arriving at elegant solutions to those problems. You thrive in front of customers, partners, and analysts and use every external interaction to help inform your product decisions.
- Strategic – You absorb multiple internal and external inputs and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize the problems to solve. You are able to make difficult priority calls based on data and analysis and then communicate those decisions inside and outside of SendGrid
- Git ‘er Done – You are comfortable serving as a product manager within an Agile environment. You are technical enough to convey problem statements to engineering with credibility and conviction. You are “hungry” and drive highly productive outcomes across the cross-functional teams you lead
- Cross Functional Leader – You pull the right levers cross-functionally to get your products launched and supported. You communicate clearly and crisply. You develop trusting relationships internally and can rally the entire organization to ensure your product achieves intended business outcomes
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.