Emerge’s mission is to Empower meaningful logistics relationships through transformative technologies. We feel that the current processes of procuring freight are fundamentally broken and we are committed to digitalizing and transforming the process for procuring both spot and contract freight, which happens to be an $800 billion market.
We are a team of ex shippers, brokers, carriers, and technologists that understand the ways things have been done for years, but see the shortcomings and issues associated with these legacy processes.
About Product Marketing
Product Marketing is a platform team with the goal of delivering best-in-class marketing automation tools and systems that are used to help communicate information to our stakeholders in Product Management, Product Design, Marketing, Sales, our Customers, and more. Our mission is to enable Product Management and Marketing teams to better activate our Customers, both in-app and off-app.
The Product Marketing team powers all digital marketing channels associated with our applications including email and in-app notifications as well as the data pipelines that feed into the management and optimization of these channels.
About The Role
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for our in-app Product Marketing, Growth, Enablement, and Communication verticals. This includes managing our comprehensive data strategy to determine the best combination of internal and external tools to drive sophisticated and measurable feature tracking, and understanding attribution and customer cohorts all through a growth and enablement mindset.
This is a highly cross functional role, and you will act as a close partner to Product Management, Product Design, Marketing, Engineering, and Sales.
- Establish a product marketing vision and build a unified and comprehensive data strategy.
- Develop a deep understanding of Emerge’s data infrastructure, reporting, and analytics needs to build strategies that allow you to push the limits of actionable insights.
- Partner with Product Management, Product Design, and Marketing to understand goals and help establish success criteria with clearly measurable objectives and key results to deliver meaningful growth and enablement outcomes.
- Communicate concisely within the team and with leadership to influence outcomes, distribute information, and ultimately be a subject matter expert on our platform.
- Ensure that we have proper end-to-end instrumentation to measure and optimize our product KPIs.
- Lead efforts to identify, track, and report on feature adoption across our platform; ultimately helping Product
- Management understand what’s working and what’s not.
- Build a strategy to regularly receive feedback from customers across our platform.
What We Expect
- 5+ years product management experience, preferably building internal tools and platforms.
- Strong understanding of the Transportation industry (Shippers, Carriers, Brokers, etc.).
- Domain experience of customer data platforms, data measurement platforms, tag management and web/app analytics and how these technologies work together.
- Ability to prioritize and scope marketing requests balancing long term vision and short-term pain points.
- Familiarity with advertising measurement frameworks (A/B testing, geo-based experimentation) as well as Media Mix Modeling.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
- Able to curate and build on the ideas of others in pursuit of the best solution.
- Big thinking. Should be able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical partners.
- Experience building or supporting marketplace products is a plus.
- Experience working with common product marketing tools (such as Jira, Heap, and more).
- Experience conducting interviews with customers (SMB & Enterprise).
- Experience working with databases to query data.
We Would Like
- Experience in the logistics/transportation industry
- Experience helping evangelize product growth tactics across an organization
🤩 Competitive salary and Employee Options
🏝 Unlimited PTO after 1 year
🦷 Medical, dental, & vision insurance
❤️ Life & disability coverage
📚 Buy any book policy
🍕 Weekly team lunches
💻 Macbook Pro: new laptop for a new job