Emerge is reinventing freight procurement. Transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, Emerge empowers meaningful logistics relationships through its award-winning Freight Procurement Platform.
Built by freight professionals for freight professionals, Emerge is evolving the procurement process by offering solutions that enable shippers and carriers to make more empowered, strategic decisions that are backed by real-time connectivity and AI-driven decision making.
Founded in 2017, and located in Scottsdale, Arizona, Emerge is one of the fastest-growing technology startups in the U.S.
About Product Design
Product Design is a platform team with the goal of delivering best-in-class UI/UX to help solve business problems in collaboration with stakeholders in Product Management, Product Marketing, Engineering, our Customers, and more. Our mission is to create delightful product experiences that help guide our users to make more informed, positive business decisions from quote creation to shipment delivery.
The Product Design team is the creative force behind our applications including setting visual style, identity, voice, tone, personality, and more.
About The Role
As a Sr. Product Designer, Customer Platforms you’re a hands-on maker at the highest level of craft. You’ll pave the way for innovation in not only what we make, but how we make it.
The Sr. Product Designer, Customer Platforms position is both an individual contributor (IC) and manager role that will report to the Director of Design. S/he will be responsible for the creation of elegant and strategic products and services, coordination and delegation of work, and stewardship of our Design System. Success in this role is defined by team sentiment as well as the quality of the user experience including the impact, consistency, ease of use, and beauty of the final product.
This Sr. Product Designer, Customer Platforms will be part of the Emerge Customer Platforms Investment Area with a mission to build the world’s greatest freight procurement platform. You’ll empower your co-workers with elegant designs while helping maximize their efficiency through smart, well-thought-out tools.
- Leads a project or initiative — helps define strategy, objectives and sets the vision for the user experience.
- Oversee multiple streams of work from insight and to strategy to launch.
- Inspire and direct their team to help them build towards a meaningful vision efficiently.
- Responsible for advancing craft on their team. Ensures consistency across a variety of products and platforms in the end-to-end user experience.
- Defines and evangelizes Emerge’s Design System throughout the organization.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for a team of Product
- Designers through the interaction and visual design of products and services.
- Partner with Product Management and Product Marketing to understand goals and help establish success criteria with clearly measurable objectives and key results to deliver meaningful growth and enablement outcomes.
- Distill complex industry concepts into simple user experiences.
- Communicate concisely within the team and with leadership to influence outcomes, distribute information, and ultimately be a subject matter expert on our platform.
What We Expect
- 5+ years of Product Design experience, preferable in designing end-to-end B2B product software.
- Strong understanding of the Transportation industry (Shippers, Carriers, Brokers, etc.).
- Defines the design process and can lead others through it.
- Can accurately scope their work as well as their teammate’s.
- Responsible for the work of other designers in their Investment Area. Can effortlessly motivate and drive small to medium teams to transform a product.
- Excellent visual, interaction and/or service design skills —a master in their field.
- Proficiency in Figma & FigJam.
- Systems-thinker with the ability to think beyond the pixels.
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate ambiguity, set vision and strategy for products.
🤩 Competitive salary and Employee Options
🏝 Unlimited PTO after 1 year
🦷 Medical, dental, & vision insurance
❤️ Life & disability coverage
📚 Buy any book policy
🍕 Weekly team lunches
💻 Macbook Pro: new laptop for a new job