- 🚀 Wants to help take Loop from 0 to 1, and finds the idea of creating a world-class SaaS product from scratch exciting.
- 🤝 Cares about users’ problems as much as the quality of code they write
- 🎓 Is unafraid of ambiguity, naturally curious, can autonomously figure out solutions to their challenges, and willing to take a step to learn something you don’t have experience in.
- 🎨💻 Has a strong understanding of web patterns with an eye for design, and wants to keep getting better.
- 📓 Values clear and frequent communication. Documentation isn’t a side-note; it’s fundamental to how you operate.
- 🧩 Have strong opinions and focus areas but are not ideologically tied to specific technologies.
- Have prior startup experience.
- Have a history of open source contributions or tech community engagement.
What you’ll do
- Lead the development of a world-class web-based experience that will impact not just product teams but tens of millions of their users across the globe
- Contribute cross-functionally in the product development process – be it thinking through the UX, brainstorming features, or technical architecture decisions
- Connect with customers to solve their problems and guiding decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Influence the technology choices we make with research and experimentation
- Effectively communicate your technical solutions and product ideas with the teamBuild high-quality and maintainable UI components using open source frameworks
- Contribute back to the open-source community through code or content when possible
Some challenges you will work on
- How do we build an interface for our users so that they can consume multi-modal data (think video, text, colors, annotations) effectively and without getting overwhelmed? 🤯
- How do we build a super-fast experience for all our interfaces following Paul Buchheit’s 100ms rule? 🏁
- How do we effectively map data coming in from multiple third-party applications to our internal schema with minimal cognitive load for the end-user? 🗺️
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary – We value great talent, and are willing to put our wallets where our words are.
- 🌏 Flexibility – Choose when you work and where you work from (remote-first). We care about outcomes for our customers, not your work hours.
- 🤘Great team – We’ve worked at some great startups that have gone from 0 to 1 and beyond, and bring our learnings with us.
- 🛍️ Perks
- 📚 Free Books Learning is important to us and we want to make sure that you have the opportunity to keep learning as you work with us. The entire team gets two free books/audiobooks a quarter or a free Audible subscription.
- 🧘♂️ Mental Health We believe that taking care of your mind is just as important as taking care of your body. We offer a $100 annual reimbursement to any outlets of your choice whether that’s meditation apps like Headspace or virtual/in-person counseling.
- 🚲 Break A Sweat We believe it’s important to de-stress through exercise. We offer $300 annual reimbursement to the gym or physical activity of your choice (yoga, rock climbing, boxing, etc.) This can also include at-home workout equipment.
As a member of the founding team, we will invest in you to help you grow and achieve your career goals. That goes without saying. 🙂