At Arbor, we’re on a mission to transform the way schools work for the better.
Our products are transforming the way schools use data to bring about positive change by empowering schools and teachers by reducing the amount of time spent on administrative tasks, and increasing time where it matters, with the students!
Innovation is embedded in Arbor’s culture and our Product Management team is continuously looking at ways to innovate and expand our industry leading MIS (Management Information System) with new features and functionality
As product manager your role will be to own and implement a clear vision, strategy and roadmap for Arbor’s Group MIS and overall data capabilities across our product suite. You’ll collaborate with our CTO and Data, Marketing & Sales teams, to develop, commercialise and deliver our data strategy.
A day in the life of a Product Manager at Arbor
- Owning and implementing a clear product strategy for the Group MIS product.
- Creating and managing product roadmaps by working closely with the Lead Engineer to effectively manage timescales, milestones, risks and constraints across a distributed team of engineers
- Work with your Lead Engineer to plan sprints, create tickets and lead ceremonies, and the FE/UX team to deliver improvements to the user experience
- Collaborate cross-functionally across Engineering, Design, Finance and Legal teams to ensure any statutory requirements are built into product specifications as needed
- Contributing to our data strategy, clearly defining user needs and supporting data models for benchmarking, statistics and reporting
- Taking the lead in planning, scoping, and prioritisation of the product backlog of features by utilising data and the RICE framework
- Dissecting customer data to drive informed decision making, goal-setting and go-to-market strategies
- Interacting with Arbor’s user base to understand their needs and then translating these into technical solutions for both School and Group MIS products
- Working closely with Sales and Marketing to deliver functionality linked to revenue targets
- Educating the wider Arbor business like Sales and Customer support teams on the use of the product
- Speaking at sales meetings and conferences to school and industry stakeholders
Within 1 month, you’ll be getting to know your team and beginning to develop a sound understanding of our commercial context, by working closely with Sales and Marketing to plan for and deliver key functionality linked to revenue targets.
Within 3 months, you’ll be
- Hitting the ground running with existing roadmap of feature release
- representing your product area in communications with other teams and external stakeholders
leading the sprint planning process end-to-end
- Helping to product market features
Within 6 months, we’d like to see
- Delivery of features from the inherited roadmap
An Increase in reference-ability of the Group MIS and data capabilities
- An increase in engagement, usage and customer satisfaction metrics
From 6 months onwards, we expect for you to be:
- Owning the future vision and roadmap for Group MIS
- Partnering with the senior leadership team, expanding the commercial offer for Group MIS increasing
- We’d love to see a passion like ours for improving the working lives of school stakeholders
- You have commercial experience as a product manager owning the strategy and roadmap of a B2B/B2C Enterprise SaaS platform
- You have demonstrable experience with products that showcase data capabilities including: warehousing, benchmarking, analysis, statistics and metrics, filtering, visualisation and reporting
- You can confidently explain terms like data lake, data model, data warehouse and data visualisation tools to tech and non technical stakeholders
- You’ll embrace the challenges and pace of working that comes with being part of a scaling company.
- You love data and use it to make informed decisions and utilise frameworks like HEART to increase customer usage (utilising HEART metrics)
- You have knowledge and experience using product management software such as Jira, Figma, Productboard and Slite plus frameworks such as RICE
- You have implemented agile working practices in to distributed teams
- You’re a great communicator with an ability to persuade and provide compelling rationale for decisions
- You can change tact where needed; adjusting strategy to deliver results
What we offer
Aside from the chance to work alongside a team of hard-working, passionate people in a role where you’ll see the impact of your work everyday.
- Flexible working
- We believe in supporting your professional growth and provide team managers with a training budget to spend on courses for you and your team.
- We promote positive well being and as part of this you’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program as well as being able to speak to trained mental health first aiders
- Frequent internal lunch and learns, opportunities to learn from colleagues, and dedicated time off to attend conferences or training
- We offer additional discretionary holidays, including half day Fridays during the school summer holidays
45 minute video screen with the talent team.
60 minute interview with the hiring manager.
To close out the interview process it will be a 90 minute panel interview including a presentation task.
Arbor Education is an equal opportunities organisation
Our goal is for Arbor to be a workplace which represents, celebrates and supports people from all backgrounds, and which gives them the tools they need to thrive – whatever their ambitions may be.
We want to make sure we build the best products for our schools, and we passionately believe that starts with building a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve. We’re actively working on this, and we’re always open to feedback. Let us know your thoughts! If you need any adjustments to be made to support you through the recruitment process, let us know at email@example.com
Refer a friend: Know someone else who would be good for this role? You can refer a friend, family member or colleague, if they are offered a role with Arbor, we will say thank you with a voucher valued up to £250! Simply email: firstname.lastname@example.org