Our mission is simple! We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. At Made Tech, we’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage all people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us. Have we caught your interest? Please read on…
As a Product Manager, you will be a valued person accountable for the quality of complex, high-risk products and services in the public sector as part of our growing Product capability.
Your Role at Made Tech.
- Work directly with collaborators and teams to set product visions and priorities, identify and remove blockers, empowering the delivery teams to decide on best practice and design epics/user stories to work from.
- Work at Programme level across multiple work-streams
- Line Management, hiring and supporting Product Managers and Contractors
- Use product management principles and approaches to define what is built meeting user, service and organisation needs
- Advocate for the user and work with the team to ensure what we build achieves the desired outcomes.
- Crafting and nurturing dialogue and engaging relationships with senior collaborators
- Prioritising roadmaps by business value and risk.
- You will ensure our delivery teams are able to ship a first release within 12 weeks and continue to ship daily from then on
- Enabling the delivery team to interpret research outcomes into actionable insights
- Applying understanding and experience of agile methodology
In the application process the following skills will be assessed. If you don’t have one of these don’t let that stop you applying.
- Working directly with clients as part of a Consultancy
- Knowledge and experience of Lean and agile processes
- Able to support team overcoming constraints to become high performing
- Designing, facilitating and leading workshops to shape vision and set direction
- Working within multidisciplinary teams with product, design, and technology working within the same cycles
- Showcasing and presentation skills
- Evidence of self-development – we value keen learners
- Drive to deliver outcomes for users
- Desire to mentor others
- Empathy and people skills
- Assist sales and marketing team with product knowledge
We want our teams and individuals to grow. If you don’t have the following skills, you will have access to a learning budget, experienced team members and a wider learning and mentoring culture that can help you develop the following:
- Experienced working with Government Digital Service
- Writing blog posts and giving talks
- User research planning and execution
- User testing planning and execution
- Agile estimation/Sprint planning & story definition
- Service design
- UI/UX Interaction design
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We’ve recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
✈️ Flexible Holiday
🕰️ Flexible Working Hours
👶 Flexible Parental Leave
👩💻 Remote Working
🤗 Paid counselling
🏖️ Paid anniversary break