Over 5 million people use Strategyzer’s Business Model Canvas to clearly understand customers, create better products, and grow businesses. Led by Alex Osterwalder and Alan Smith, Strategyzer brings lean discovery principles and tools to the world. Clients include companies such as MasterCard, Colgate, Nestlé, and many more. Our products include online courses, web applications, in-person training, and innovation services.
We are an amazing team of creative, technology and business professionals from around the globe. We love to build products and create experiences that benefit individuals, organizations, and society. With our tools and products, we change the way people think about strategy and innovation.
We are looking for an experienced web-product person to join us in the role of Senior Product Manager for the web-app.
Senior Product Manager (100%)
This seasoned product manager will define and drive dramatic improvements in our web application. Our App lets users rapidly sketch out business ideas, collaborate on Business Models and Value Propositions with teams, and manage the testing and validation process. Although it has thousands of paying customers, it has huge untapped potential to change the way teams do strategy and innovation.
- Lead discovery and validation for the next generation of our App. Understand and represent the customer internally. Collaborate with design and development teams to create and test improvements.
- Work tightly with design and development teams (geographically distributed) to spec and build products. Own the backlog, priorities, and complex trade-offs.
- Work with strategy leads to drive product economics, pricing, and packaging. Fit this App into Strategyzer’s overall business model.
- Lead company-wide thinking about scaling this product to be an integrated part of our product portfolio and overall offering to customers.
- Focus on business outcomes, not just product outputs.
- Communicate with the marketing team to ensure proper marketing of features and onboarding.
- Relentlessly prioritize the backlog and roadmap.
- Provide company and customer facing clarity on what has happened and what’s next.
- 4+ years as a product manager working on commercially successful software products with direct revenue.
- Hands-on experience validating product hypotheses problem/solution validation for end users.
- Experience with agile software development processes and distributed teams.
- Experience with an early stage startup (~25 people).
- Experience shipping/working with commercial products built using the Business Model Canvas and Value Proposition Design a plus.
- Self-starter, ability to create (just enough) structure and process for a quickly growing team
- Technical or design degree a plus.
- Get-things-done attitude an absolute must. No BS, no politics, cheerful attitude, relentless focus on customer value and marketplace success. We have a strict “no asshole rule”, based on Bob Sutton’s bestseller. We only hire people who are great, yet humble and strive to do the best work of their career as part of a supportive team.
What’s In It For You
- Lead a paradigm shift in strategy and innovation in the world’s leading enterprises.
- Be part of a highly visible, world-famous organization.
- Working with the creators of Business Model Generation and the leading training material in the area of business model innovation and value proposition design.
- Work with and report directly to a co-founder of the company.
- Competitive salary, health benefits, and training budget.
- Two amazing offsites each year.
- Flexible hours from our sunny downtown Toronto office with remote work opportunities.
- Autonomy and accountability to do your job your way.
- Opportunity to grow a young “base hit” product and turn it into a “home run”.
- Join a world-class team doing their best work with joy and enthusiasm.