Black Tree Gaming Ltd. is the owner of NexusMods.com, an Alexa Top 1000 website with a user base of over 25 million users and serving over 1.5 billion pageviews a year. Based in the heart of Southernhay, Exeter – we are a computer game loving collaborative team solving large scale challenges with the latest technology.
We’re looking for a product manager to join our team in Exeter, UK. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in leading multidisciplinary teams applying Agile development and some experience of testing. Experience of computer gaming is not essential.
At Nexus Mods the most important thing is that you bring a problem solving mindset and a positive attitude to the team. In this role we also expect you to be self-driven and able to deliver results whilst performing the usual roles expected of a product manager.
- Work with key stakeholders to determine immediate and future goals to help us achieve our goal of “Making Mods Easy”.
- Be responsible for defining the product strategy and associated roadmap.
- Act as the single point of contact for decisions relating to Nexus products, working with our UI/UX designer, development team and existing product manager to deliver a consistent and high quality user experience which supports our business goals.
- Work with our UX designer to plan, conduct customer research, discovery and define customer value for our products.
- Utilise customer feedback from multiple touchpoints to build a picture of customer problems, opportunities and customer behaviour.
- Make data driven decisions utilising customer research, behavioural, product and commercial data.
- Progress ideas from discovery through to delivery.
- Act as a champion for Agile methodologies, helping to ensure Scrum ceremonies are adhered to and guide Nexus mods in it’s journey to fully transition to an Agile way of working.
- Identify processes for improvement and take ownership of improving these as well as identifying opportunities to implement new ones.
- Working with everyone at Nexus Mods to shape the future of our platform.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written (English).
- Right to work in the UK.
- Experience working in agile teams.
- At least one years experience as a product manager or product owner working within an Agile development team.
- Customer focused and data driven with a passion for solving customer problems.
- Applied knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Comfortable learning new tools and technologies.
- Self-organised, motivated and able to drive the product strategy.
- An Agile certification, ideally Product Owner.
Experience of performing a testing role within an Agile team.
- Experience of automated testing.
- Experience with TDD and DDD.
- Experience using Gitlab for issue tracking.
- An understanding of games modding and knowledge of Nexus Mods
- A sense of humour
- A love of computer games
Nexus Mods is an Alexa Top 1000 website with a user base of over 25 million users and serving over 1.5 billion pageviews a year. Working on such a popular site can be demanding, but rewarding, with a user base that is very loyal and very vocal!
Due to the popularity of the site we try to work with the latest technology. If you are interested or excited by the latest advances in software and technology then you’ll love working for us. We have a strong focus on researching new and upcoming tech and are always keen to explore new ways of improving the sites and services we provide through innovative means.
We are based in the heart of Exeter, less than 10 minutes walk away from Exeter Central station and 5 minutes from the main high street with all its shops, restaurants and the beautiful cathedral grounds.
- We will offer a competitive market rate salary. ( Range: £30k – £50k + bonus ).
- We offer flexible working ( 2 days per week remote + flexible hours ).
- 25 day holiday + bank holidays ( extra days at 1/3/5 years service ).
- Unlimited training budget.
- A monthly video game budget.
- We have a fully stocked office fridge.
- We run regular gaming afternoons / evenings.
- We will provide high spec hardware for you to work with.
- For the right candidates we may be able to assist with relocation expenses and logistics.
Diversity and Inclusion
We celebrate diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work.
- Supporting an incredible community of tens of millions of users, we thrive on engaging as many views as possible to improve our platform. We see no reason why our culture should be any different.
- We undertake Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging training to be more aware of diverse views and of our own biases to make sure we don’t leave anyone feeling unheard or left behind.
So come and work for Nexus Mods, and bring that unique voice that will help us shape the biggest mod sharing platform in the world for the better.
In order to apply, you will need the right to work in the UK – we do not have the ability to sponsor a VISA at this time.