Commercial Product Manager, Aerospace (data products) – FlightGlobal – London
The Aerospace Commercial Product manager will focus on the development of new datafeed/API data and analytics products to support Aerospace organisations including (but not restricted to) Original equipment manufacturers, Maintenance organisations and supply chains. Utilising agile and lean product management approaches, this role is primarily responsible for developing and using market and customer insight to rapidly innovate, test and launch new products through a data driven approach. The Aerospace Commercial Product Manager will be responsible for defining product requirements and working as part of a cross-functional product development team will manage the Agile Sprint process to ensure product innovation. He/She will also nurture new product launches, evangelising the product to the market and empowering the FlightGlobal sales team whilst continuously tracking product data to drive market traction
Working at FlightGlobal is dynamic, exciting and not without its share of challenges. We have a can-do culture and, having doubled in size in the last three years, it’s a fast moving business with big ambitions. You need to be solutions orientated with a positive approach to life and work.
We’ve been pioneering aviation insight for over 100 years, providing essential access to the aviation market, insight, data and news. Our extensive range of sponsorship, marketing and advertising solutions connect clients to global aviation professionals across on and offline channels and face to face events.
– Continual engagement with relevant market and customer sectors within Aerospace and build long term deep customer relationships to inform product development
– Customer driven product innovation, testing and delivery to rapidly develop new offerings for personas within the Aerospace sector, with a focus on data/API based products
– Embed a data driven approach to product management, utilising multiple sources of market and customer insight to rapidly test and iterate new product concepts
– In collaboration with marketing and sales, go to market planning for new products, nurturing of new product launches, performance tracking and lifecycle management
– Assess and prioritise sector product opportunities in alignment with boarder portfolio and business strategies and develop business justifications to enable investment
– On a day to day basis, lead a cross functional product development team to deliver new concepts, MVPs and full products which deliver customer value
– Collaborate with other sector product managers to create aligned product strategy and market positioning
– Demonstrable web based product management experience in a technology/software/data/analytics field, with aviation preferred
– Product management experience in developing datafeed/API based products
– Proven experience in working directly with customers to inform product development, particularly in launching new products or key new features in a larger product
– Demonstrated success in ideating and testing new product concepts using a data driven approach to iterating to product/market fit
– Experience of working within an agile product development environment
– Excellent collaboration and communication skills within product development teams
– Empowers teams to innovate, can deliver consensus from diverse ideas
– Appreciation of the fundamentals of Go to market and the metrics of commercial success of new product launches
– A degree in Computer science or similar technical discipline is preferred
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI General Benefits Package:
– Pension Scheme
– 29 Days Holiday
– Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
– Life Insurance (4x salary)
– Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
– Competitive Salaries