Volkswagen Digital Solutions plays a critical role in Volkswagen Group’s strategy of being a globally leading provider of sustainable mobility solutions for generations to come, through its 3 tech units: SDC:LX (Software Development Center, Lisbon), AMS (Application Management Services) and MAN Digital Hub.
At the SDC:LX, we build high-quality user centric digital products, currently focusing on sales, after sales and internal products for the Volkswagen Group.
How We Work
We work in autonomous, well-balanced product teams. We tackle business opportunities by solving user pain points with cutting-edge technologies, using design thinking and Minimum Viable Product (MVP) approach. We adopted Extreme Programming across our 3 domains of expertise. This way we deliver high quality (with test-driven development), focus on what matters (by doing user validation and continuous iterations), and share knowledge and expertise (by pairing).
Our Product Managers are team players and great communicators, who evangelize the latest product discovery and user research techniques and have great skills in leading agile delivery.
Challenges and Opportunities
As an enterprise with ambitious goals, typical projects may be large, with multiple stakeholders. Therefore, we value PMs with strong communication skills, who are able to easily interact across disciplines and seniority levels and articulate complex concepts clearly.
We play an integral part in shaping and delivering products that bring value to both customers and the business on an international scale, to millions of customers.
We also encourage opportunities to launch, test and grow greenfield projects conceived from within our product teams.
Our working culture and environment
We believe in and employ a flat organizational structure and equality-based culture. We provide an environment where trust, compassion, diversity and openness are a big part of our culture. We regularly run feedback sessions and welcome new ideas in helping us to shape the future of our lab.
Our people have a true passion for what they do, a genuine desire to go further for our customers and to give their own careers real momentum at the same time, in an industry that is changing at a fast pace.
We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment and pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to building teams with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Our teams comprise people belonging to 13+ nationalities and we strongly encourage everyone to apply, no matter the race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Who We Are Looking For
Product management lies at the intersection of technology, design and the business, and we are looking for someone who can balance the act of being the voice of the customer and ensuring customer needs are met while delivering maximum business value inline with the Volkswagen Group vision and strategy.
- You have shipped successful products, including defining vision, strategy and product roadmaps;
- You are able to identify opportunities (problems/pains) and turn them into value (solutions/gains) for the customers and the business alike;
- You have experience articulating and testing product hypotheses and breaking down complex problems into actionable steps and managing backlogs;
- You can ensure the minimum viable product spec and processes are in place to be able to test and iterate;
- You can collaborate successfully with engineers, designers and business stakeholders;
- You are able to choose the right metrics and ensure they are in place to identify how our users are interacting with the product and guide the team in making the right product decisions;
- You have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
What’s In It For You
- Allocated budget to attend Product conferences and trainings
- Access to courses available on our business Udemy account
- Language classes
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pension Fund
- Gym discount
- Mental and physical health workshops
- Professional counseling (Mental, Social, Financial, Legal, Nutrition)
- Discounts on Volkswagen Group cars
- Laptop & Smartphone with voice/data plan
- Meal allowance
- Visa support and relocation package