Electrocomponents Digital is a £1BN+ (70% share) digital business at the heart of the group. Our mission is to create an unrivalled digital footprint and experience. Our intention is to become the world’s benchmark for digital.
We are a FTSE250 company and make over £1.6bn per year. We are in the top 10 fastest growing companies on the FTSE.
Our digital platforms generate £multimillion per day, create over 20 million Digital Advertising impressions per day and serve 32 core markets globally
The Senior Product Owner is a critical role in delivering our challenging digital growth and revenue targets.
The purpose of this role is to inspire change across our ‘Digital Service’ Product team. We have 2 Senior PO’s who work together creating a digital product roadmap to maximise ROI, taking a lead role across My Account initiatives. This includes finding opportunities, creating business cases and working with partners across several markets, UX and Agile development teams to lead its strategy & delivery. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to drive real change in the transformation of our Digital experience & technology.
Make an impact as a Senior Product Owner
- Accountable for the setting product vision, strategy and roadmap to drive world class customer experience and revenue growth across the ‘Service’ domain within the My Account area.
- Deliver the mobile first responsive product strategy (rebuilding entire My Account area) to align our desktop and mobile codebases in line with our Business and Technology Strategy Destination 2025.
- Accountable for optimisation initiatives and iterative agile releases that deliver new product developments to drive customer experience (improving our CSAT) and sales thru Service domain. To do this the successful candidate will use multiple insights from external benchmarking, strategic direction, analytics (Adobe) and customer onsite feedback (Verint).
- Responsible for researching, benchmarking and creation of both annual and quarterly product roadmaps, producing clear hypothesis and benefits cases for initiatives and socialising these across the global business up to VP/C-level.
- Responsible for driving performance metrics, such as Sales, Conversion, CTR, CSAT and site performance, including leading initiatives within the backlog to reduce tech debt and maintain class-leading site speed.
- Manage relationships and drive collaboration with UX Research and Design, SEO, Analytics, Engineering, Marketing Content, and leadership team using a x-functional approach to stakeholder management.
- Leading partner communications including product plan, prioritisation decision, rationale for changes, features, benefits and the impact of each change on customer experience and product performance.
- Manage stakeholder demand for onsite changes, ensuring well-crafted hypothesis with clear measurements of success to prioritise delivery and ROI
- Play a key role in driving & continually contributing in a PO Community of Practice for the wider Digital team
What you’ll need to succeed
- Significant experience in developing strategy and roadmap through using data and research to drive change
Significant proven experience of value delivery through a feature roadmap, as well as articulate clearly how value will be realised
- Experience of handling multiple projects/programmes of work simultaneously
- Proven delivery of conversion increases through optimisation and feature delivery
- Passion for developing outstanding and unique customer experiences, with the ability to challenge the status quo and understand current technology limitations
- Determination to work within current constraints, offering constructive builds on process improvements to facilitate and drive our Digital Transformation.
- Extensive My Account/Self-Serve and/or eCommerce experience with online product development experience
- Hands on experience in use of analytics systems and ability to run relevant reporting
- Proactive at getting things done through effective collaboration to identify and lead the Agile team to manage issues, risk and expectation, with minimal supervision
- Solid experience in a dynamic scaled Agile environment
Ability to use data as a differentiator, making conversations objective rather than subjective
- Degree or equivalent in related subject.
- Enterprise level product management/ownership in larger cross functional matrix businesses
- Certified Product Owner/Agile qualified
- Working knowledge of Adobe Analytics & JIRA
- Experience of working in a global business
Working with us
We want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential, share your ideas and make them happen. We want you to feel supported and listened to by a team that celebrates individuality and independent thought, encourages different perspectives and embraces every background. Strong leadership drives tangible benefits for our business and is core to our success. Our Amazing Leaders are required to show their passion for our people, customers and suppliers. They must act with humility to create an environment where our people can make amazing happen and they will demonstrate trust by leading by example by taking accountability and ownership.
The Good Stuff
We have an outstanding benefits package, which includes:
- Flexible working arrangements (Hybrid role with 25% time in the office)
- Company Car/ Car allowance
- Up to 20% annual bonus
- Up to 27 days holiday (with the option to purchase a further week)
- Extremely generous contributory pension scheme
- Discounted stock options
- Private healthcare, life assurance and daily access to a GP
We are RS
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where our people get to bring their true self work every day and thrive. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
We recognise that we’re not perfect when it comes to being a truly diverse organisation yet. However, we are passionate about diversity and are proactively working to build an organisation where everyone can see themselves succeed here!
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we’re our customers’ one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we’ve kept redefining for over 80 years. Today, we’re using digital platforms globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.