We are the national body for careers education in England, delivering support to schools and colleges to deliver modern, 21st century careers education. We are recruiting for two product managers on a full time permanent basis.
As a Product Manager at The Careers & Enterprise Company, you will be working day-to-day on products that will help to improve careers education nationally. You will shape the future of our tools for schools and other key customer groups by delivering product enhancements and shipping new features.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, you will be a key member of our Data & Digital team. We empower our product managers to understand user needs and solve difficult problems, while ensuring that our products support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
• Maintaining and continually improving products across the product lifecycle.
• Gathering product feedback from our users and stakeholders and ensuring their needs are considered throughout the delivery process, turning those needs into well designed features that work.
• Developing key features in our products that support the overall product vision.
• Making the case for larger feature development and managing and maintaining product roadmaps.
• Understanding the broader objectives of the company and being able to communicate how our digital products relate to them.
• Providing clarity on product needs to a multi-disciplinary team, delivering improvements to our products in fortnightly sprints, ensuring that planning and estimation are well managed through agile ceremonies and are within financial constraints.
• experience working in an agile digital delivery environment
• experience of briefing and working directly with UX, design and software development teams
• experience of developing digital product strategies and roadmaps
• empathy for our users, are inquisitive about their needs and able to identify how changes to our products might support them better
• experience working within compliance, financial, policy or technology constraints
• experience managing the development of and working directly with large-scale data driven systems
Skills and core competencies:
• Able to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team
• An effective communicator
• Able to keep delivery on track and to escalate when necessary
• Organised with the ability to manage your time when you have competing priorities
• Good digital and technical understanding, and a desire to learn and build on this knowledge
• Curiosity about user needs
• An ability to turn user and stakeholder needs into innovative solutions
• A trusted and dependable team member, with a can-do approach, happy to step forward and take responsibility
Here are just some of the benefits and incentives that we offer our staff:
5 volunteering days per year (pro rata to when you join)
5% matched group personal pension scheme
Perkbox benefit portal – offering a range of retail discounts
Cycle to Work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Flexible working arrangements
Primary Professional subscription
Mid-week pause for breath and lots of other wellbeing activities
Friday team breakfast (currently taking place virtually!)