As a Product Leader at UKG, you will play a pivotal role in driving innovation. Straddling the line between high-level strategy and hands-on execution, you are well versed in product and business strategy; capable of communicating deftly about technical topics; and passionate about the importance of platform as a first-class part of our product suite. Specifically, as leader on the platform team, you will help define the future of platform services, enabling faster product delivery, helping humans spend less time in administrivia and more time doing what they want to be doing.
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to define the future of the Notifications services (email, SMS, Push, etc.) on the platform team, serving thousands of customers with millions of users. Your new offering will eclipse and replace existing Notification services, leveraging best practices which should make the lives of our customers and internal teams better.
You will define the strategy and own tactical execution, from inception to product delivery and then through to customer adoption.
Qualified candidates are highly motivated, innovative and solution-driven with experience in defining and delivering forward-thinking solutions and driving adoption. Ideal candidates have experience working closely with engineering leaders and teams, enabling the development of Workflow solutions to support high scale, multi-tenant, software as a service product suite.
• Defining and executing on a world-class Notifications platform that keeps work moving while also protecting focus and flow
• Partnering with our engineering, other product leaders, research, design and data science partners to build, test, and deliver new Notifications product experiences for our internal and external customers
• Aligning functionality to business goals with measurable business impact
• Supporting a global, extensible, platform product strategy
• Setting the vision and strategy for your products and services that serve both external and internal customers across different business verticals
• Defining integration strategies to support new go-to-market opportunities
• Championing the definition and creation of key processes and tools that enable the offerings to scale
• Exhibiting abundant imagination, but also ruthlessly prioritizing. (Saying “No” isn’t difficult for you.)
• Being able to go deep into both technical huddles with engineers/architects and strategic discussions with executives
• Managing competing priorities with consistency and transparency
• Successfully collaborating with partners throughout the company to ensure success
• Extrapolating ideas with different product groups and turning them into viable solutions
• 5+ years experience in a platform product management capacity at a technology-driven organization
• Experience in Notifications product experiences such as email, SMS/text, Push, In-App, User Notification Preferences, Message Template Configurations, preferably in a multi-tenant, SaaS product suite
• Demonstrated analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach
• Evangelist of how platforms can unlock business value and customer experiences through self-service APIs and tools
• Demonstrated skills in listening to customers, understanding their needs and creating improvements to meet those needs
• Strong track record of shaping and executing strategy for products through a roadmap and tight collaboration with engineering
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your product/engineering peers
• Ability to take deeply technical concepts and break them down in order to communicate with a wider audience
• Demonstrated commitment to collaboration and can work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value
• Passionate about product management as a practice
• Believer in a growth-based change mindset