Head of profession – Inside IR35
Contract Term: 4 months
Contracting Authority: DHSC
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you’ve never met and solve problems you didn’t even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we’re here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of public sector roles.
As a Head of profession your main responsibilities would be:
· To provide hands on training and support to the community of PO’s
· To carry out a review of the existing ways of working and organisational structure of the PO discipline
· To provide recommendations, identify gaps, training needs, and ways of working
· To use your knowledge of user needs and business goals to frame problems and set priorities for the delivery teams.
· To work closely with senior management to provide leadership and direction to all products in a programme or a local product community, maintain the high-level roadmap, be involved in a range of programme management activities in support of the service owner or programme lead.
· To act as the escalation point for major operational issues and champion operational management across the community.
· To anticipate problems and how to defend against them at the right time and understand how the problem fits into the larger picture.
You’ll have relevant experience in:
· Managing a team of product owners at senior level
· Managing multiple projects at peace
· Coaching, assessing performance, providing constructive feedback
· Implementing developing plans
· Agile working at an organisational level and can create an environment for success.
· Working with other agile delivery operations throughout the product life cycle and can plan and engage with the appropriate stakeholders at a particular stage in the project
If this Head of profession role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply and get in touch with one of our PSR team now.
“In applying for this role, you acknowledge the following: this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different.”
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.