Vote.org is hiring a Product Analyst to help ensure we have the best voter tools in America to help us permanently increase voter turnout.
Vote.org is a nonprofit startup that uses technology to simplify political engagement, increase voter turnout, and strengthen American democracy. We believe that Americans want to vote and will vote in higher numbers — and more consistently — as voting becomes more convenient. We launched in April 2016, and have since helped millions of Americans register to vote and cast ballots through a combination of best-in-class technology and innovative outreach. Our work has the potential to impact the outcome of elections by bringing millions more voters to the voting booth.
Vote.org is deeply committed to diversity. We strongly encourage women, black, indigenous, and people of color, first-generation Americans, new parents, single parents, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
We are seeking a Product Analyst to join our team. As a product analyst at Vote.org, you will help the product team understand what the millions of voters that use our site and tools are doing (as well as the voters that aren’t currently using our tools). This will be a mixture of art and science as you look at and analyze data, but also talk to voters and learn what they are going through in the life cycle of an election and seeking help. You will develop product improvement plans in coordination with all members of the product team, but also work closely with other teams including fundraising, program, policy, partnerships, and comms and helping them understand and leverage our data.
This position will be fully remote.
What You’ll Do:
– Data analysis: help us understand what’s happening in detail in our data – including working with state-based voter data.
– Product: identify ways we can improve the product – from getting people into the tools as well as through them – and even to getting them registered and out to vote.
– Define and build out the right instrumentation to make sure we can do thorough and equitable analysis
– Work with the product team to conduct appropriate user research
– Perform ad-hoc analysis on our data to support donor briefings, fundraising campaigns, collaborations with partners, etc…
– Build dashboards for the various teams to consume and use data
– Share trends and patterns in the data to help us project our growth as well as notice shortcomings that we can improve.
– Work daily with our amazing software engineers to build the best product ever
What we hope you’ll bring:
– Advanced Level SQL
– Several years of experience doing ad-hoc data analysis
– Experience with primary analytics tools and dashboards, A/B testing, funnel analysis,
– Experience finding insights in data, coming up with a hypothesis, and measuring the results of testing that hypothesis.
– Heavy dashboard development
– Experience owning a project from generating the hypothesis, to defining possible solutions, getting buy-in, moving it forward, and getting it in front of the intended audience.
– Comfortable with and enjoys collaborating with other team members on planning and executing work, including both technical and non-technical colleagues
– Willingness to work in a later-stage startup environment – we have major traction – but we are a small team and we all frequently wear a lot of hats.
– Why join our team, and why now?
We exist in service of a critical mission – and we’re just getting started. Our team does high impact, meaningful work every single day. Right now, our world often feels like a kick in the teeth. Working at Vote.org is an antidote to this feeling. Our staff members work actively each day to change this status quo.
We’ve got a track record of results. Vote.org reaches more voters of color and young voters than any other program in the nation. Over the course of the year Vote.org ran the largest voter mobilization program in our history, making more than 650 million voter contacts among these traditionally underserved groups. Millions more used Vote.org’s digital tools to register, verify their registration, request an absentee ballot, find their polling location and more.
Our work allows you to be flexible. Working with vote.org is a short commute. We all work from home, and it is, frankly, the best. Live and work wherever you’d like as long as it’s in the United States, and so long as you can get to a major airport to travel to support our work when needed. We trust you. Need to take 3-5 PM off every day to hang out with your kids after school? Have a doctor’s appointment? No problem. We care more about the quality, the results, and the outputs of the work you do, not about when you do it, or how long it takes.
We believe that when you feel your best, you do your best. We are proud to offer excellent health benefits. We offer fully covered health, dental and vision for our employees, and generous coverage for your partner and family. Our time off is generous.
We reward our staff competitively. We offer 401(k) and a Roth 401(k) retirement options, since we want you to retire one day.
We believe in cultivating a cohesive and inclusive team culture. As an organization, we are deeply committed to diversity. We strongly encourage women, people of color, first-generation Americans, new parents, single parents, people with disabilities, members of the queer community, and talented individuals from all backgrounds to apply to join us.
To apply, submit your application and resume via our website.
Vote.org is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate against people because of their race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, personal appearance, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, genetic information, or political affiliation.