About our Submissions and Editorial Product Management Team
Our Team improves our journal’s submissions and editorial platform to ensure researchers and clinicians return by providing an exceptional experience. We enable the successful submission of over 2.5 million articles annually and help editors facilitate the peer-review process with other scientific, technical, and medical experts. We take ownership for our operating goals and product strategy by collaborating with teams to continuously improve and innovate our products and services.
About the Role
As a Principal Product Manager, you will take ownership for creating a digital experience that enables our business to successfully deliver on our operating and strategic goals. You will collaborate with cross-functional technical teams and business stakeholders to deliver innovative solutions. You will focus on outcomes and use metrics and analysis to shape results and deliver flawless product developments and enhancements.
- Interacting with customers to understand their needs and generating requirements to deliver product enhancements, business value and user experience improvements
- Utilising quantitative and qualitative data and analysis to gain product insights and shape solutions for business problems and innovation
- Taking ownership for developing clear go-to market launch plans and strategies to ensure we achieve ROI and meet revenue goals
- Collaborating with cross-functional technical teams to create value through continuous discovery and Agile delivery
- Analysing information on competitors and from internal sources to drive commercially viable decisions for future product enhancements
- Driving solutions for design challenges by managing key end-to-end life-cycle components from planning to release.
- Have a natural ability to engage, influence and build relationships with stakeholders and teams
- Have the ability to build relationships with customers to understand future needs and requirements
- Have extensive experience in technology Product Management
- Demonstrate experience taking ownership for the full product life-cycle from conceptualisation to execution to post-release management
- Have experience in using an analytical, data-driven approach to identify areas for improvement
- Have a thorough understanding of the Software Delivery Life-Cycle processes in an Agile environment
- Be able to document and write clear requirements for complex features or products
- Enjoy collaborating with teams to design a strategy to solve problems and implement solutions
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and presentation skills including communicating complex technical content to a range of audiences
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
- We are happy for you to work remotely most days, but you will need to live in a commutable distance of our London, Oxford, Amsterdam, or Boston offices
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times you work in the day.