Cuvva is making car insurance radically better. 🚙
We’re creating truly flexible products that meet people’s real needs. Using lightning-fast technology to unlock better experiences and fairer prices for our customers, Cuvva is building the future of insurance every day.
Cuvva was the first UK company to sell hourly insurance through an app. Since then we’ve sold over 4 million policies and supported over half a million customers. We’re a world-class team of over 150 people, passionate about solving our customers’ problems. Join us. 🚀
The Cuvva Culture & Values:
We don’t cut corners. We try to do the right thing, even when that makes life more difficult for us. 👩💻
We’re passionate about our customers – we constantly want to understand their experience this means everyone in every area of the business – including our CEO, Freddy – spends a few hours a month on customer support. This helps us fully understand our customers’ needs and how the app works. Here’s a blog post on our ‘COps Club’. 👀
We want everyone to succeed at Cuvva & recognise that without respectful, honest & caring feedback it’s difficult to do that, so we promote developing one another and sharing our opinions. We’ll speak up when we have an idea – but we know when to let go and get behind something else. 💡
We’re building an inclusive team with different backgrounds, outlooks and experiences. Giving everyone a fair and unbiased opportunity is important to us, so if you need any adjustments or support when you’re applying to Cuvva, no worries. Just let us know.
We’re looking for a design leader to help us build and grow the best design team around! You’ll need to be an empathetic leader, enabling and supporting product designers to perform their best whilst supporting their career aspirations. You will help the product & design teams shape the direction of Cuvva where 500,000+ customers rely on us to help them borrow a car or insure their own. Cuvva is ultra fast and we’re always pushing ourselves as team to be accessible for more people and using great design to give them the most clarity we can when using Cuvva.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Management of product design team, each of whom is embedded within a product team responsible for separate areas of the customer journey
- Mentor product designers, collaborate to define their goals and regular check-ins on progress.
- Work with your peers across design, engineering and other functions to coordinate on a strategic vision for what we build, and how we work.
- Support the designers you manage on their career path and what they are looking to achieve at Cuvva and beyond.
- Scale your team inline with business needs, always thinking ahead and input into the wider product & design org structure.
- Use your experience in product design to help set direction for teams & join teams on tactical projects.
You’ll do great here if you:
- Experience facilitating personal growth of your team by mentoring, leading constructive critiques, 1-2-1’s, performance reviews and improving ways our designers share knowledge.
- Have around 3+ years experience in a management, or supervisory role.
- Have a strong track record delivering work independently and through others, as well as influencing the work of other internal teams and partners.
- Inspire, create and sustain a culture of excellence by mentoring designers and partners in best practices, design process, and ideation
- Help others find a meaningful balance between optimizing for speed, quality, and doing risky, interesting, pixel-perfect work
- Are a hands-on maker, with the skills to effectively communicate concepts, direction and decisions with the team and with external partners.
- Have been an advocate for the value of Design across former companies.
- Promote the work of the team in both internal and external communications
- Able to communicate effectively with engineers and product managers to ensure that all teams are aligned
- Work closely with other areas of Cuvva to understand pain points that design could help solve.
- Help design from conceptualisation through to shipping the product to our customers
As well as a competitive salary and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- Professional development budget
- Health, WFH and wellbeing budget 🧘♂️
- 25 days of holiday a year (+ public holidays 🌞)
- Increases to all allowances year on year
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- A day off to volunteer
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coaches, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health 🧠
- Salary sacrifice scheme for electric car lease
- Hundreds of perks, discounts and flexi points for freebies
- Doctor Care anywhere, for online appointments, referrals & prescriptions
- £100 a month towards your Cuvva car insurance
- Very flexible work from home or at the office arrangements 🏡
- Visa sponsorship and relocation assistance (for many roles!)
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the Cuvva team 💸
- Office library full of great books 📚
- Season ticket loans 🚂
- Fully stocked fridge, pay day pizza,
- Regular team lunches (even when we’re remote!)
- Monthly team socials virtual & in-person (we’ve done things like; Toca social, neon sign making, Dabbers bingo, an online wine tasting, and themed virtual pub quizzes) 🎤
Diversity, Belonging, and Inclusion at Cuvva:
At Cuvva, we’re dedicated to building an environment where individuals from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging and have the support they need to thrive. To us, it’s crucial that our differences are embraced and celebrated – and that you’re able to bring your whole self to work everyday.
To ensure that DBI (Diversity, Belonging, and Inclusion) stays at the forefront of not only our minds but of our actions, we hold a bi-weekly session to discuss our DBI initiatives and strategy. It’s an open invite and individuals from across all different departments get involved.
In the past year, here’s a few steps we’ve taken towards creating a more inclusive and equitable environment:
- Improving the diversity of our talent pool by partnering with businesses that have the same values and ethics as us, tracking diversity in our recruitment process and making changes to our hiring strategy to help us reach a wider variety of communities.
- Hosting speakers and events on a quarterly basis to educate our team and spark conversation on so many important causes; including Pride at Cuvva and Black Lives Matter.
- Conducting a DBI survey so we better understand where we are now, and set out key goals for 2022 on how we can improve.
To find out more about our DBI journey, check out this blog post by our Head of People, Riva Cahn-Thompson: https://www.cuvva.com/cuvva/where-we-are