We’re looking for a Product Designer who will define and design the way our customers engage, discover, and select products within the McDonald’s kiosk. You’ll utilize a skillset including design strategy, interaction design, and visual design to frame and solve problems. In this role, you’ll report to the Product Design Manager, Shopping Experience and partner closely with Product, Research, Analytics, Engineering, and our Accessibility team to deliver end-to-end detailed designs that make delicious feel-good moments easy for everyone.
We need a self-starter who loves the challenge of a nascent design team within a large corporate organization in the midst of a digital transformation. You’ll partner with both our internal designers as well as agency designers who support us and thrive communicating tough design decisions across many stakeholders globally. You’re someone who is comfortable working with a both an in-person and distributed team.
- Deliver designs within Figma from concepts to final detailed design including well-thought-out edge cases
- Work closely with the Design System and Accessibility team to identify and refine components through a governance process
- Collaborate with your product, engineering, research, and business counterparts within the Engage, Discover, and Select context of the kiosk.
- Support design needs across both the kiosk and the app, primarily focusing on kiosk as your core area of ownership.
- Lead design reviews tailored to stakeholders across the organization which includes market leads, business owners, operations, legal, and engineering.
- Frame problems based on data and customer insights by working closely with product and analytics team members that inform design decisions
- Support developers during sprints and QA to ensure what’s built meets your intended designs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Informatics, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Cognitive Science or a related field.
- At least 2 years of in-house product, UI/UX design experience for a retail consumer facing product with a focus on complex flows, use cases, and visual design
- Experience designing for kiosk or similar larger-scale touchscreens preferred. Native app design at a minimum
- Understanding of prototyping best practices and specific experience using Figma, or Sketch + InVision
- Some experience working within and contributing to a design system
- Awareness, empathy, and understanding for digital accessibility best practices
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Curious, task-oriented, and a self-starter with a strong bias for action; proven track record of “getting things done”
- Customer-centric mindset with a passion for discovering consumer behavior, trends, and opportunities for innovation
- Experience with QSR or similar industry a plus
- Experience with large corporate organizations a plus