Mission Lane LLC is a fintech on a mission (no pun intended) to increase access to financial tools that help people thrive. We are raising the bar on fair credit access, easy money management, and convenient income discovery. Our philosophy is simple: when our customers do well, we do well. And we have only just begun.
Mission Lane is looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our geographically diverse team. We are primarily based in Richmond, VA and San Francisco, CA, however we are open to considering remote candidates that would be open to travel to our offices on occasions.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role:
This individual contributor role will drive the vision, roadmap and execution of different parts of our engineering platform, which is what our engineers use to build, deploy and operate software for our customers. You will apply your proven track record of managing mission critical technical products and your skills working with highly technical teams to continue building an engineering platform that is fast, safe and secure.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will:
- Build, manage, and execute on product roadmaps to drive positive outcomes
- Work closely with engineering and stakeholders to deliver in a high quality & high impact manner
- Prioritize and balance minor improvements, large scale enhancements, and competing needs to help develop an engineering effectiveness driven platform
- Gather and use data to make data driven decisions that continuously improve the platform
- Act as Product Owner in the development process, creating epics and user stories, as well as prioritizing and grooming the product backlog
To set you up for success in this role from day one, Mission Lane is looking for candidates who have:
- 4+ years of product management experience in technical products, preferably in a regulated industry
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience delivering cloud infrastructure, CI/CD, observability, data streaming, and/or API based products
- Experience inspiring a distributed team, shipping product, and moving metrics
- Experience with Agile/Lean product development methodologies
- Understanding of Cloud Native, DevOps, DevSecOps, and SRE (Site Reliability Engineering)
- Able to handle fluid strategies and ambiguity
You get bonus points for:
- Lean/Agile product management certifications
- Previous software development experience
- Previous experience at a FinTech company or in a regulated industry
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with offices in Richmond, Virginia & San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018, we’ve rapidly grown to over 1 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the adult population in the U.S. doesn’t have access to a clear line of credit. And by “clear” we mean credit without crazy fees that only increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldn’t do.
We understand that everyone doesn’t have the same opportunities. We also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their financial journeys. Providing access to clear credit was a critical first step, but our work isn’t done. We are actively developing new products designed to meet our customers where they are, according to their needs.
We get it – life happens. That’s why Mission Lane is hard at work paving a better way forward.
Just like for our customers, Mission Lane creates opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and prosper. We strive to create an environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday.
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring new applicant employment authorization for this position. And please, no third party recruiters.