- Location: London area. WeWork offices in Hoxton. From September, our WFH policy is one full week per month in the office, and the other three weeks of the month can be remote/office based (trialling until January) 🏡
- Salary: £70k-£80k + share options + benefits listed below
Cuvva is making car insurance radically better. 🚙
We’re creating truly flexible products that meet people’s real needs. Using lightning-fast technology to unlock better experiences and fairer prices for our customers, Cuvva is building the future of insurance every day.
Cuvva was the first UK company to sell hourly insurance through an app. Since then we’ve sold over 4 million policies and supported over half a million customers. We’re a world-class team of over 150 people, passionate about solving our customers’ problems. Join us. 🚀
The Cuvva Culture & Values:
We don’t cut corners. We try to do the right thing, even when that makes life more difficult for us. 👩💻
Being customer centric means everyone in every area of the business – including our CEO, Freddy – spends a few hours a month on customer support. This helps us fully understand our customers’ needs and how the app works. Here’s a blog post on our ‘COps Club’. 👀
We’ll speak up when we have an idea – but we know when to let go and get behind something else. 💡
And we’re comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback, and trying new ways of doing things. It’s the Cuvva way.
We’re building a diverse team with different backgrounds, outlooks and experiences. So we give everyone a fair chance of getting a role at Cuvva.
If you need any adjustments or support when you’re applying to Cuvva, no worries. Just let us know.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Manager with proven experience in delivering on a bold roadmap with awesome results. A leader of the team with the ability to understand the customer problems deeply through research, data or instinct & work with the team to create solutions that solve problems and delight customers. Responsible for the team’s roadmap, direction and prioritisation, this person will know when to be pragmatic to always ship and keep a high pace of releases of high value with the team culture to support each other in the tough times. You’ll collaborate with some really impressive product managers and the product director to make sure we’re all on track in delivering on the vision.
You lead by example and go the extra mile to be hands on when you need to if you see a gap and want to be responsible for a wide area of the product experience and collaborating with large parts of the company. As we enter our next phase of growth to our series B and beyond we’re looking for bar raisers with the ability to grow their team’s ability to build great robust products.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll be:
- Execute on the product roadmap you’ve set with the team, helping them set objectives and prioritise against the customers’ needs
- Work with complex dependencies across product teams and coordinate to find a path to a successful solution.
- Collaborate with teams across Cuvva to make sure you’re aligned in the direction and communicate changes to customers.
- Work with the research and data team to gather insights on problems, quantify them and develop them into the roadmap
- Own the end to end journey of your area of product in Cuvva. We’ll empower you to do it.
- Manage high standards across the team to monitor bugs, customer complaints and prioritise them. We’re advocates for top quality products.
- Be an active member hiring across product from designers to engineers. And supporting the product function to scale as we hit growth milestones.
You’ll do great here if you
- Have worked on mobile first products that are known for their user experience and you have demonstrable impact in it.
- Partner with the engineering manager, engineers & designers in planning work, shaping product scope and delivery.
- Share knowledge across product, engineering & the business by giving great feedback across teams.
- Love building great products people use everyday and have done it before. You’ve got an eye for great design and know what great UX feels like.
- Are able to deconstruct solutions with your team to solve the customer problem with strong documentation skills to clearly communicate this vision when building.
- Deeply value researching initiatives and the expected outcomes & partner closely with research to always be on the same page in your direction.
- A clear passion for being customer focused, you want to get them on a call to understand their thoughts on the products you build.
- Have vision and have great instinct into what people will want with a great ability to work with research combined with data to back it up.
- Are someone the team can relate to, trust and want to work with. We deeply value strong connections within the team!
- You have the desire and energy to make an impact – you make things happen. And others would back you up on it.
It’s a bonus if you
- Have experience in a very experimental environment which has resulted in significant growth in a product.
- Have managed the roll out of significant product releases, and can back up the successes with numbers.
- Have a design or software engineering background
As well as a competitive salary and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- Professional development budget
- Health, WFH and wellbeing budget 🧘♂️
- 25 days of holiday a year (+ public holidays 🌞)
- Increases to all allowances year on year
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Brand new MacBook and any other hardware you need 💻
- A day off to volunteer
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coaches, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health 🧠
- Salary sacrifice scheme for electric car lease
- Hundreds of perks and discounts
- Lifeworks – mental health tool & assistance programme
- £100 a month towards your Cuvva car insurance
- Very flexible work from home or at the office arrangements 🏡
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the Cuvva team 💸
- Monthly team socials (we’ve done things like Dabbers bingo, an online wine tasting, and themed virtual pub quizzes) 🎤
- Office library full of great books 📚
- Season ticket loans 🚂
- Regular team lunches (even when we’re remote!)
Diversity, Belonging, and Inclusion at Cuvva:
At Cuvva, we’re dedicated to building an environment where individuals from all walks of life feel a sense of belonging and have the support they need to thrive. To us, it’s crucial that our differences are embraced and celebrated – and that you’re able to bring your whole self to work everyday.
To ensure that DBI (Diversity, Belonging, and Inclusion) stays at the forefront of not only our minds but of our actions, we hold a bi-weekly session to discuss our DBI initiatives and strategy. It’s an open invite and individuals from across all different departments get involved.
In the past year, here’s a few steps we’ve taken towards creating a more inclusive and equitable environment:
Improving the diversity of our talent pool by partnering with businesses that have the same values and ethics as us, tracking diversity in our recruitment process and making changes to our hiring strategy to help us reach a wider variety of communities.
Hosting speakers and events on a quarterly basis to educate our team and spark conversation on so many important causes; including Pride at Cuvva and Black Lives Matter.
Conducting a BBI survey so we better understand where we are now, and set out key goals for 2022 on how we can improve.
To find out more about our DBI journey, check out this blog post by our Head of People, Riva Cahn-Thompson: https://www.cuvva.com/cuvva/where-we-are