Are you an inspirational and hands-on product leader who can make a huge impact on a dynamic, fast-moving business? Do you have a passion for innovation and retail?
The Senior Manager of Product Management will be responsible for coaching and developing a team of high-performing product managers as we modernize our approach to merchandising to drive a customer-led, digital-first approach to all aspects of inventory planning, product selection, and inventory management.
The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering innovative products and features in a very high-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. The ideal candidate is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, and understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence.
Product Management is responsible for making sure we build the right products and features for our customers and business. To accomplish that, product managers plan the product roadmap and prioritize the applicable technology backlog, lead product discovery, and measure and communicate results of the feature portfolio in production, all while ensuring stakeholder alignment. The Senior Manager of Product Management must have a strong analytical and data driven mindset and a relentless focus on the outcomes we are driving towards. This person should have a high bar for performance and a drive to win. This role will partner closely with Nordstrom Engineering and Business Leaders to identify and deliver solutions to ensure we meet key objectives for our merchandising organization.
A day in the life…
Advanced Capability with the following competencies, requiring little day to day management support:
- Leads a team of product managers while contributing directly to the roadmap and delivery of merchandising technology solutions
- Develops and presents product plans for roadmap items, align key stakeholders, and secure stakeholder buy-in to influence outcome
- Builds strong partnerships across all of Nordstrom to identify synergy opportunities and drive product innovation to accelerate our mission
- Recruits, hires, and develops an efficient and effective team that meets the needs of the product management strategies
- Evaluates team performance, assignments, and strategy, ensuring that we are developing phenomenal products, inclusive teams, and engaged employees
- Drives operational excellence within the Product Management discipline internally and works with Product Management organizations across the enterprise
- Collaborates with peers and leaders across the enterprise to solicit needs, define vision and ensure outcomes align with enterprise priorities and goals
- Uses a range of qualitative and quantitative inputs and perspectives to expose known and unknown problem areas and clearly define prioritized opportunities for execution against
- Drives ownership of features and services throughout the product lifecycle for our cross-channel customer experiences
- Monitors & identifies customer needs and respond by adjusting user experiences and product roadmaps
- Maintains a strong understanding of available technologies and apply technology solutions, where appropriate, to improve efficiency and ultimately benefit the customer
- Stays on top of industry & market trends, performs market & business analysis, establishes & communicates thought-leadership
- Champions our culture and values
You own this if you have…
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with 3+ years of management experience, specifically in product management with technology or eCommerce company preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in math, statistics, finance, economics, or related quantitative discipline is preferred
- Ability to inspire others, including demonstrated experience managing and leading strong teams
- Ability to define, measure and analyze processes to identify improvement opportunities
- Technical background and understanding of software development principles
- Ability to build relationships cross-functionally with multiple teams from areas such as Data Science/Analytics, Engineering, and UX
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
- Confidence representing your team & products, presenting vision & priorities to internal stakeholders, customers, and partners.
- You enjoy speaking opportunities and have a proven experience presenting to large teams and leadership. You are a speaker and evangelist.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with, learn from, and teach others across multiple disciplines. You’re comfortable with ambiguous and rapidly changing projects – and are a team player.
- Passion and ability to recruit talent. In this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
- Strong learning mindset. You enjoy learning new things and see challenges as growth opportunities. You excel at mastering technical products and being the go-to person in your domain. (enterprise applications and data products don’t intimidate you).
- Bias for action – you are intrinsically motivated and gifted at driving projects from start to finish. You are a self-starter.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.