Quality isn’t just a goal. It’s the whole point.
Bugsnag recently joined the SmartBear family because we’re aware of the same problem: Our customers are under a lot of pressure to deliver great software. But to compress lifecycles, add features, and compete in a world where ‘every company is now a software company’ is hard. And one mistake can mean their reputation, even future. That’s why it’s our mission to help. At any part of their software development lifecycle (SDLC), we provide the tools and discipline to focus on quality while streamlining their processes. So our customers can create and deploy software that works as designed – especially when it’s needed most. And we’re looking for people to join us.
Bugsnag is the trusted software stability “command center” for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Lyft, Yelp, and Pandora. We process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications, and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features, or when to fix bugs.
You’ll have ownership of high profile projects that will help achieve the product vision, and you’ll collaborate with others in the product team and with teams from across the company including engineering, marketing, sales, customer success, and support. Your natural curiosity will drive you to learn about our customer’s complex technical problems and you’ll use your abilities to ask the right questions, challenge assumptions, and collaborate to find the optimal solutions.
Open to candidates in the Bath area and remote in the UK.
What you’ll get to do:
- Own the end-to-end of delivery of large, high-impact product changes, from inception to implementation and analysis.
- Identify and develop innovative solutions to a wide range of complex customer problems.
- Work with product designers to whiteboard, develop, and refine clear & intuitive user experiences.
- Discuss proposals with engineers to identify the most efficient way to implement a feature, considering various trade-offs including development effort and infrastructure costs.
- Work closely with engineers during implementation and help to ensure the changes function correctly and meet the specifications.
- Communicate the benefits and key use cases of new features to the marketing, sales, and customer teams so they are empowered to explain them to customers and prospects.
- Meet with our customers, some of the top engineering teams in the world, to understand their engineering processes, focuses and priorities, and how new features can best provide additional value to them.
- Help with assessing return on investment to guide roadmap prioritization decisions.
- Manage the roll out and launch of features including running betas, constantly communicating timescales with relevant stakeholders.
- Use data to analyze product usage and the impact of previous projects to assess if they are delivering the benefits that were expected.
- Contribute to the product management process to help constantly improve it.
Your background likely includes:
- 3+ years of experience building and delivering successful products.
- 3+ years software engineering experience.
- Track record of generating outstanding results at a fast moving company.
- An interest in software development processes and practices, including developer tools.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks effectively.
- Quick to learn new skills and keen to solve problems.