The Agile Poduct Owner or Agile Product Owner Sr is responsible for acting as a member of the Agile leadership team and is the functional and/or client (or business) representative for a project or set of projects within a market-focus to ensure stakeholder satisfaction and business value delivered.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Serves as the customer proxy and therefore is the liaison between the business and the Scrum Teams; translating features into user stories within a team’s backlog and managing, ranking and prioritizing this backlog so that it is reflective of stakeholder requirements and priorities.
• Final testing and acceptance of the user stories supporting the features.
• Effectively communicate to the team the stakeholder needs so the teams delivery meets both contractual requirements and established acceptance criteria, including expected quality and performance and to complete various work management activities according to defined service level commitments and process compliancy guidelines.
• Collaborate with team(s) to discover and deliver the best solution to the market problem(s) presented by the Product Manager (business).
• Works with the business to understand coordinate ranking and prioritize business needs and plan solutions to ensure that each release provides business value to end users sales and marketing.
• Manage the solution concept development process to ensure the product team understand the direction and vision.
• Create and maintain regularly backlog of work through the project’s life cycle. Understands how to write user stories and their acceptance criteria.
• Translates the product backlog into user stories. Serve as the Product Management (business) proxy and decision point to represent the stakeholders in the project. Reviews and accepts/rejects results both during a Sprint and in the Sprint review.
• Attends sprint ceremonies and is available to team during the sprint for clarifications and acceptance of user stories. Creates and/or inputs into a projects release plan.
• Presents work to team from Team Backlog during Sprint Planning for acceptance by the Team in a Sprint negotiates Sprint goals with the Team.