Join us at albelli. We’re front runners in the photo product industry, blazing a trail across the globe with six different brands – albelli, monalbumphoto, bonusprint, fotoknudsen, onskefoto and resnap. We inspire people to relive and share life’s moments by creating personalised photo products and believe in providing quality, affordability, and great customer service.
We’re proud of what we do and the way we do it, attracting talent from all over the world. At the last count our offices were home to 40 different nationalities. As one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies in the Netherlands, we’re constantly striving to push boundaries and drive our business further forward. Would you like to be part of this international, ambitious and fun team? Come join us and let’s create memorable moments together!
At albelli we help our customers turn their photo collections into beautiful personalized photo products such as Photo Books, Posters, Canvases, Calendars, Cards and more. Our web and app based creation tools make it incredibly easy for customers to make products exactly to their tastes, then we process millions of unique orders in our advanced manufacturing plants. We are looking for a Product Owner to take our Web Editor to the next level – this is the experience where our web customers turn their inspiration into reality both on their desktop and mobile devices. In this role you will set the strategy and guide the team to grow this critical part of the business.
- Immerse yourself in the personality and needs of the customer – through direct conversations, focus groups, survey data and web analytics, as well as understanding the broader market by digging into market trends and competitive data;
- Form close relationships with key stakeholders in the organization that will help you understand the specific dynamics of individual countries and channels;
- Form close relationships with your technology team so you can have rich conversations on how we can evolve our platform to solve customer problems;
- Build the strategy for our online editor properties that will provide the customer and capability focus we need;
Translate this strategy into executable increments that you work on with your technology team;
- Closely support the team in execution, always making sure the objective is clear, that we put customer feedback foremost, that we measure our results, and that we constantly improve;
- Be a custodian of the technical health of your platform, ensuring each increment leaves it more scalable and extendable than the one before;
- Work cross functionally with other POs and Technology teams to manage dependencies and ensure that the full value of the work can be realized;
- Communicate regularly across the company to help colleagues understand the work plans and value proposals, and to communicate risks, impediments and dependencies so action can quickly be taken to resolve issues.
- A Master or Bachelor degree in a technical field;
- 5+ years of experience in a B2C web technology environment with 3+ years of experience in a Product Owner role or equivalent;
- Strong understanding of user experience, analytics and working with customers;
- Demonstrated ability to create a strategy and decompose it into executable increments in a complex environment;
- Strong communication skills working both with users and with senior stakeholders in establishing the value proposition of different ideas;
- Experience working closely with technical teams to develop complex software solutions, with an ability to inspire and motivate software engineers;
- Strong executional skills – an ability to synthesize information, to break a problem into its component parts, to prioritize by value, to efficiently manage a meeting, to make and defend decisions, to make hard tradeoffs and to say no;
- Fluent in English.
- A fast-growing e-commerce environment
- An international company hosting over 40 nationalities
- Competitive compensation, relocation support, and lots of benefits (such as a discounted gym membership)
- Budget for personal growth and development, including external training, courses, and conferences
26 days of annual leave with a healthy work-life balance and a hybrid work set up (both home and at the office)
- Everything you need for a proper work from home setup
An informal, fun, proactive, and inclusive culture with a social atmosphere (Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.) to be resumed properly post COVID-19!
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities, Amsterdam!
We are working in a hybrid environment and this role is based in our Amsterdam office, located in the centre of city next to Central Station with stunning views of the harbour, and the numerous canals running through the old city. The office is spread over five floors, with ample amenities and easy walking distance to nearby shops, cafes, and restaurants. The team here is made up of more than 45 nationalities, who work across all areas of the business with a focus on analytics, marketing, HR, and technology.
For the safety of our employees and following the measures implemented due to COVID-19, we currently work differently. Our offices are closed while our production facilities are operating with proper safety and health measures. Our Recruiting process is currently entirely remote via phone and video calls. Our new hires will have a remote onboarding since the well-being of our employees is our number one priority.