Join a fast growing technology education movement!
CDI Apps for Good (http://appsforgood.org) is an award-winning technology education movement where young people in schools learn to create apps that solve problems they care about and change their world. From a modest start in 2 centres and 50 students in 2010, Apps for Good has grown exponentially to 100 schools and 5,000+ 11-18 year olds across the UK and is aiming for 400 schools with 20,000 students by September 2013. Apps for Good is supported by hundreds of leading-edge technology entrepreneurs, UX designers and developers as expert volunteers as well as tech industry partners like Facebook, Dell, Thomson Reuters, BlackBerry and Barclaycard. Praised by Secretary of State Michael Gove, Apps for Good has been covered in key national publications amongst others The Times, Guardian, Wired, The Next Web, The Economist and BBC News and Blue Peter.
Closing Date: apply as soon as possible, if interested.
Every year our 7-10 best student teams win the Apps for Good Awards and then work with professional app development businesses to re-launch their apps. Based in London, this role reports to the CEO and includes managing the whole winning app production process including selection of app development partners, briefing and supporting development partners, ensuring consistent communications between students teams, teachers and development partners, overseeing testing & publishing of finished apps and ongoing updates as needed.
- Select Apps for Good app development partners from our Expert Community
- Manage relationships with app development partners and ensure consistent and timely communications
- Build and manage trustful relationships with 7-10 new winning student teams and teachers in close collaboration with the Apps for Good education team and alumni community manager
- Responsible for the development, launch and ongoing growth of amazing Apps for Good winning apps
- Advise the student teams on features and functions that make the apps more fun, profitable, viral, and revolutionizing, while ensuring full buy-in from the student teams
- Manage timely, high quality and on-budget delivery of the apps by the development partners
- Oversee the testing of the apps by our testing partners
- Ensure that key learning about the app development process are captured and brought back into the Apps for Good courses through case studies and new learning content
Apps for Good is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our mission is to grow the next generation of tech entrepreneurs and social problem-solvers, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
- At least 2 years + of hands-on digital producer experience including at least one project failure and one project success (yes, we do need you to have failed at least once!)
- Understanding of current web and mobile technologies
- Ability to work autonomously- managing multiple app projects
- Experience and ability to successfully communicate with diverse audiences, especially young people
- A love for solving problems
- Ability to prioritise
- Excellent communication and expectation-setting skills
- Strong organizational skills
You will need the ability to operate in a fast-moving environment, be extremely reliable when working on a broad range of tasks and work independently. In return, you will work with a passionate and vibrant team that is working hard on transforming the world through technology education.
Start Date: latest 1st May 2013
Location: Central London
Hours: part-time or contract, 0.4-0.6 FTE, flexible
Remuneration: £30-40k pro-rata, subject to experience
How to apply: Email us your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for the job and how your skills and abilities can contribute to the success of CDI Apps for Good.
Contact Details: Aiski Peramaki, CDI Apps for Good, The Trampery, 125-127 Mare Street London E8 3RH contact email: email@example.com