A BIT ABOUT
With over 1,100 stores, over 24,000 staff and an estimated £2.7 billion turnover, there’s no doubting the fact that Arcadia Group is an established powerhouse on the UK high street. There are seven brands – Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Topshop, Topman, Wallis and out of town shopping concept, Outfit. In fact, the Group’s UK success has been so great that it has propelled our business internationally across the globe – there are now over 600 stores in over 40 different countries spanning Europe, the Far and Middle East, South East Asia and the US to name but a few countries.
Never ones to stand still, Arcadia Shared Service employees enjoy a fast pace and are always looking forward to exciting opportunities to support our Brands. No two days are ever the same, being heavily influenced by the fluctuating nature of the retail industry means we are always on our toes but we are driven by our passion to support and enable business growth. Keeping up to date with the industry and staying commercially astute runs throughout our departments in order to deliver results and always challenge the status quo. To achieve our aims we look for people with energy, focus and tenacity, in order to develop the best for our business and the teams around us. You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It’s not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do!
Digital is an especially fast-paced and rapidly growing element of the Arcadia business. Customers in more than 110 countries are served by a diverse array of websites and apps in a number of languages and currencies, all of which are managed from Head Office in London. Digital business specialists in Arcadia work within dedicated brand teams as well as a central Group function. The in-brand teams focus on trading the current digital channels and on the representation of their brand online. The Group Digital function focuses on defining and delivering the channels of the future. The Product Owner in our group digital team will work within our multi-channel digital team and will be responsible for defining, delivering and developing a responsive customer experience across our digital products. You will work with key commercial brand stakeholders and our newly established agile software engineering teams. The role reports into the Lead Product Owner and you will be measured on commercial impact.
DAY TO DAY
- Constantly seek to improve the performance of Arcadia’s digital products; using creative means to bring innovative products to market to test and validate with our customers.
- Define and prioritise a product backlog based on the product vision, customer value and ROI
- Have responsibility for the full life cycle of your products; leading the ideation, validation, technical development, launch and continuous improvement.
- Own multi discipline product roadmaps, managing dependencies and leveraging functionality or knowledge from other products and programmes.
- Govern the product backlog and communicate release plans.
- Ability to brief BAs and UI designers with high level requirements (epics) and to approve stories in the backlog
- Involvement in all agile ceremonies stand ups, refinements grooming sessions, retrospectives and showcases.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the Arcadia brands and influencing key stakeholders.
- Represent the customer while partnering with the business and technology to break complex problems down into achievable initiatives.
- Work collaboratively to establish a shared vision across the company, coordinate consensus on priorities and communicate the ongoing product development journey to stakeholders.
- Use customer insight and analytics to validate customer problems and solutions throughout the product development process.
- Working with the analytics and insights team on the derivation of key KPIs for success.
- Demonstrable experience of bringing products to market and the management of full end to end product development process.
- Good understanding of ecommerce and UX best practices and digital technologies.
- Good understanding of the commercial realities of digital retailing.
- An understanding of working in a ‘Group’ culture – we are a matrix environment operating across different brands.
- Experience working in mature agile environments.
- Ability to act as bridge between the business and the agile teams.
- Exceptional communicator; skilled at producing and presenting concise and informative
- presentations demonstrating vision, progress, and plan for execution to stakeholders.
- The ability to quickly gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape; ability to recognise game changing innovations and introduce relevant products to the Arcadia portfolio.
- The ability to switch between the strategic visioning and the detail, being the authority in all aspects of your product area.
- Strong organisation skills.
THE EXCITING PART
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It’s not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.