The Product Growth team at DAZN are responsible for the vision, definition, delivery and optimization of DAZN’s membership experience across web, mobile and TV platforms. We are changing the way the world watches live sports by helping customers pay for DAZN in flexible ways that meet their needs; be that via cards, transfers, installments plans, wallets, mobile bills, or via integrations with global payment partners.
We are hiring for a Head of Product for Payments, based in Amsterdam, to lead a team of five Product Managers.
The role is inherently cross-functional; working with Engineering, UX Design, Marketing, Business Development and other Product Managers to launch major new capabilities to customers around the world. The role is also responsible for our efforts to limit the impact of bad actors trying to obtain access to DAZN using nefarious methods, so that DAZN can pass on the best possible value to customers. You will be working on a global product that impacts millions of customers every week with the opportunity to shape the next generation customer experience that connects sports fans to our top-tier live sports content.
We are looking for candidates that can demonstrate impact in a complex, highly technical, multi-team environment. You will be responsible for defining a long-term product strategy and roadmap, identifying the key metrics and ambitious goals that improve our customer experience, and making the tough decisions required to deliver a great product. Most importantly you are responsible for the development of your team, coaching and mentoring individuals, and identifying our next generation of leaders.
Benefits will include: access to DAZN, 25 days’ holiday per year, an annual performance-related bonus, pension plan, medical insurance discounts, commuter allowance/NS business card for those of you living more than 10km away from the office, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As the Head of Product for Payments, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be accountable for the Payments Vision, Strategy, and Roadmap, by forming close working relationships with stakeholders, especially Business Development, Product Design, and Engineering
- Create an environment where Product Managers and their peers are empowered to rapidly evolve our product for the benefit of our customers’ experience
Identify the key metrics and ambitious goals that improve our customer experience.
- Establish the mechanisms to inspect the health of our Payments program, and the progress towards goals
Continually inspect and refine our product delivery process to optimise product delivery velocity and quality
You will be set for success if you have:
- A proven track record of successfully creating and delivering complex technology products across multiple platforms. You have worked on products used by millions of people, ideally on an international scale.
- You will be a strong leader, coach and manager, with a proven track record in attracting, recruiting, managing and developing outstanding talent. You can demonstrate examples of how you make others better, not just those in your team, and how you improved the working culture through your actions and behaviours.
- You will have led cross functional groups of Product, Design, Engineering and Commercial peers with a vision that influences major parts of an organisation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to influence peers in remote locations via high quality written artefacts. You will be able to engage in complex stakeholder relationships with senior and C-level leaders.
- A high technical bar. You will have influenced and championed novel solutions for significantly complex technical problems that are exemplary in terms of robustness, stability, scalability, and cost-effectiveness
- A high product design bar. You will have influenced and championed novel design solutions for complex customer problems that are exemplary in terms of clarity, simplicity, and customer experience.
- Commercially savvy. You will be able to demonstrate how you were able to assess the commercial implications of your decisions, and the impact of product metrics on bottom line commercials.
- Connected to details. Obsessed by data, creates KPIs that scale decision making, can deep dive into complex data autonomously
It would be great if you had:
- 5+ years of domain experience of working in the field of high-volume consumer payment technology, and/or fraud protection.
Here’s a little more about us:
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you’ll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We’re doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We’re using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we’re not going to stop.
If you’re ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you’re the kind of person who’s going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.