What if… your work would empower change in an industry that essentially impacts the prosperity of the entire world? Forto is in business to exactly do that – disrupt logistics! Simplifying global trade has been our mission from day one. Our exponentially growing team of close to 1,000 technology and logistics experts, forges ahead each day with the goal to deliver a highly transparent, frictionless, and sustainable digital supply chain.
Our company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and currently has a total of 12 offices across Europe and Asia, including Copenhagen, Hamburg, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Shanghai. Leading manufacturers and e-commerce brands are among the 2,500 customers using Forto’s digitally-focused offerings as part of their supply chain delivery. Among the fastest-growing logistic start-ups in Europe, Forto’s recent investment round (June 2021) placed the company valuation at more than $1.2 billion.
At our core, we are in love with progress, we leave old paths and look for new roads. We are constantly striving for ways to be even better tomorrow. We are facilitators, we are explorers, we are visionaries. If you are looking for an extraordinary expedition – join the crew!
The Tech organization includes Product, Design & Engineering. As Senior Product Operations Manager you will report to the Chief of Staff to the EVP of Product. You will collaborate with – and in a project context, manage – the Product Operations Manager. You will have the opportunity to shape Forto’s Tech organization forward to achieve our ambitions of growth, excellence, and customer satisfaction.
The Product Operations team‘s mission is to enable the Product organization to deliver business outcomes and operate in a streamlined way via strategic and operational initiatives and day-to-day support.
Under the guidance of the Product & Engineering leadership, and in close collaboration with People & Culture, the Tech Team, and stakeholders across the organization, you will work across the following areas:
- Business & Planning: Oversee strategic & operational initiatives from development to successful execution and collaborate to ensure smooth execution of the planning rhythm, including supporting the budgeting process
- People: Assist with building a world-class Tech team and improving the end-to-end employee experience (e.g. employee value proposition branding, recruiting, onboarding, continuous learning, performance process, etc.)
- Culture, Community & Ways of Work: Build the organization community and culture and Improve ways of work, covering topics such as: meeting culture, feedback culture, etc.
- Tools & tasks: Manage & maintain product tool stack, both external and internal (e.g. templates, guidelines, references, resources and handle vendor or service providers negotiations)
- Processes: Improve, streamline & automate processes across all areas of the operating model; eventually automate repeat tasks of Product organization
- Day-to-day: Support daily operations, including meeting facilitation, communications, expense management
What you bring
- 4+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: Product Management, Product / Engineering / Design Operations, Strategy / Management Consulting, at least two of which are in a technology company
- Experience driving complex projects or programs with several competing cross-functional stakeholders, ideally in a software development and/or software launch readiness role
- Demonstrated ability to manage others – either directly or indirectly
- Experience in gathering business insights and identifying trends from data, including combination of data from multiple sources and influencing stakeholders with data
- Experience synthesizing and presenting complex information to senior leadership in writing and verbally
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficiency and productivity while being flexible/nimble
- Experience planning and leading strategic & operational initiatives
- Required: English fluency
You can look forward to:
- Personal & Professional Development:Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps to being an Expert or People Lead.
- Growth & Impact: We are a fast-growing European start-up that is leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 40 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business and more. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
Check out our video to see what it is like to work at Forto:
At Forto we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, support them and cultivate them to the benefit of our employees, products and our communities. Forto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.