We are looking for a proactive and inspiring product leader to guide our growing product team at an integral stage of our growth. We are a successful, independent and fast-growing product company, serving 15,000+ customers in multiple countries.
Our mission is to enable every marketer to become brilliant at local SEO. We achieve this through a powerful combination of software (SaaS), services and customer education.
Our customers rely on us to help them manage, improve and report on local SEO performance to their clients and stakeholders. Local SEO is a rapidly growing industry, and we’re well placed to accelerate our position as a market leader by improving, expanding and evolving our product suite to solve the biggest challenges our customers face.
We have a clear mission and ambitious goals, and we see the Head of Product as key to achieving them.
As Head of Product you will lead our product strategy to us to achieve our mission and define our long term roadmap that solves the evolving needs of our customers.
You’ll lead our team of four Product Managers and two User Experience Designers. You’ll help them level up their knowledge, skills and confidence so they continue to excel in their roles. You’ll guide, coach and support your team to execute efficiently on that strategy and you’ll gain huge amounts of satisfaction from seeing them develop and succeed.
You will report to the Director of Product and Marketing and be an active and vocal member of the Senior Leadership Team. You will work closely with your leadership colleagues to deliver on cross-functional objectives that will shape the future of the business.
You’ll ensure we’re making continuous improvements to our product development and delivery processes. You’ll know how to get Product and Development teams communicating better and collaborating effectively to make BrightLocal a highly-effective product company.
For the right individual, this is a rare opportunity to play a crucial and defining role within an ambitious product company. You’ll enable us to get closer to achieving our mission, and do so in a culture that always puts people before profit, and where ‘enjoying work’ is a core belief.
This is a hybrid working role. Most of our team are currently working two days in the office and three days from home. However, we are flexible based on each individual’s choice.
Salary: Dependent on experience (plus 20% annual performance-based bonus)
What you’ll bring to the role:
- A track record of building products which customers love in a SaaS business.
- A great motivator and coach who knows how to get the best out of a team.
- An intrinsic motivation to deeply understand our market and customers, and help your team do the same.
- A strong bias towards action. You won’t be afraid to challenge the status quo, make changes happen and bring the business on that journey.
- An innovative problem solver who realises they don’t have to solve every problem themselves, and instead empowers others to take responsibility and make decisions themselves.
- Experience working closely with User Experience designers, ideally as a line of reporting. You’ll encourage our UX team to find creative solutions to customer problems, while also ensuring our research processes lead to a deep understanding of and empathy with our customers.
- The ability to use a variety of data sources to inform decisions, and set challenging but achievable objectives for the team.
- Deep experience of product development best practices. The ability to spot issues and resolve them to ensure our Product and Development teams are working efficiently and collaboratively.
- A good level of technical competency with an ability to communicate effectively with developers.
- Experience working in a Head of Product or a Senior Product Manager position in a SaaS company
- Experience managing other Product Managers
- A proven track record of managing detailed roadmaps across multiple teams
- A strong understanding of the product development lifecycle
- Experience of setting up and managing product analytics to measure user engagement and uncover insights to inform decisions
- An excellent communicator
- A keen eye for design and strong attention to detail