What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
All employees either must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, initiate vaccination before your start date, or file an exemption request prior to start date per company policy for review. Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and employees are remote until further notice. This is being closely monitored as the situation evolves. Although it’s likely our offices will reopen, positions hired outside of Civis office locations will be remote roles.
To democratize data science so organizations can stop guessing and make decisions based on numbers and scientific fact.
What we are looking for
We are hiring a lead for the product development team for the Civis Platform.
The Civis Platform is a cloud-hosted, data science SaaS platform for technical data teams at organizations that want to make data-driven audience decisions. Our platform helps these data teams unify, manage, model and publish insights from their growing stores of 1st party data – all the way from buying behavior to donations to voter turnout. We provide our platform to a wide range of customers and industries, including the City of Boston, McDonald’s, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and the majority of Democratic organizations and progressive causes.
This role is responsible for developing our vision and strategy, managing a team of product managers, researching the market and represent Civis for important customers and market analysts (Forrester, etc.), and partnering with our engineering and design teams on tactical product management and execution. Importantly, this team’s work will support our critical Democratic political user base as we move into the 2022 election cycle. We’ll provide this person considerable ownership and autonomy.
At Civis, we trust our on-the-ground engineers and product managers to self-start and drive major decisions on UX, architecture, and product development process. We’re fast-paced and highly dedicated to our mission, and this person will have an impact from day one.
- Manage and support the platform product team.
- Continue to develop our vision and strategy. We’ll want this person to work closely with marketing, sales and directly with our customers to gather requirements for strategic planning.
- Build a close partnership with engineering and design to facilitate quick development for our rapid deployment engineering model.
- Develop a metrics system alongside our Customer Success division to help us improve ongoing user health, retention, and upsell frequency.
- Support product marketing for marketing materials, high-level customer meetings and analyst calls and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Business, a related technical field, or commensurate work experience
- 6+ years of product management experience with a track record of successfully delivering high-impact outcomes
- Have the ability to see the holistic big picture, while also being able to sweat the details
- Have demonstrated the ability to gather and synthesize market and customer signals to build a requirements document to guide software development. Strong proficiency in creating inventive and unique software solutions
- Experience with managing the development of products for software developers or data scientists, and has demonstrated the ability to bring a product to market
- Experience with product management or product design with a focus on software products, Data Science and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to support an evolving product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Excellent problem-solving organizational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships with strategic and technical personalities
- US work authorization required
- Graduate degree in computer science, data science, business, a related technical field, or commensurate work experience
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales Customer Support, Finance or Marketing; understanding of go-to-market enablers (e.g. partnership models, subscription models, etc.)
- Hands-on software development experience
- Knowledge of various data or data science technologies/methods; hands-on experience a plus
- Prior experience working on a B2B SaaS product
- Prior experience in driving product-led growth
- Prior experience in human-centered design
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, flexible work from home policy, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- Modern office, conveniently located in the Loop. Close to public transportation, great restaurants and beautiful city views.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other’s differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact email@example.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.