The mission of the Digital Department at The WNET Group is to expand multiplatform audiences by providing exceptional digital experiences. Our product team’s purpose is to collaboratively strategize and implement high-impact, mission-aligned digital products and user experiences. We take a human-centered design approach to deeply understand and respond to changing audience needs, with a focus on maximizing value delivered to our diverse digital audiences.
Our portfolio includes station & channel websites, (THIRTEEN, WLIW, NJ PBS, ALL ARTS), award-winning national program websites (Nature, Great Performances, American Masters, Secrets of the Dead), news program websites (Metrofocus, NJ Spotlight News, Amanpour & Co.), suites of OTT and Mobile streaming apps (THIRTEEN apps, NJ PBS apps, ALL ARTS apps), and more.
Digital at the WNET Group seeks two Associate Product Managers to support the Associate Director of Product in managing our consumer-facing digital product portfolio. The product team works with engineers, designers, and internal stakeholders to identify and deliver high value features and products. Our product team is currently expanding, and this is an opportunity to help shape how we work at the ground level.
The Associate Product Managers are responsible for the day-to-day tactical implementation of digital product visions for multiple web, mobile, and OTT products, as well as collaboratively setting and driving strategy and outcomes. Our ideal candidates are both audience-centric and business-savvy. Specific responsibilities include:
• Manage product lifecycle and development for The WNET Group’s consumer-facing digital product portfolio and discrete projects;
• Collaboratively translate The WNET Group’s strategic goals, key business and audience needs into objectives-aligned product roadmaps;
• Communicate cross-departmentally and manage relationships with multiple stakeholders; build consensus on product sprint & project scopes, timelines, metric of success, etc.;
• Task assignment/management for multiple projects and products; ensure deliverables land on-time and within budget; backlog creation and maintenance;
• Proactively identify potential obstacles and problem-solve to identify & suggest the best path forward;
• Ensure products adhere to all modern best practices, including WCAG 2.1 accessibility compliance;
• Work closely with engineering team to maintain quality standards and enhance QA procedures for product suite;
• Contribute to the culture of our growing product team; share information about our team’s vision, and product management best practices across the organization;
• Empower and train digital partners throughout the organization – create documentation and/or training videos/materials for specific products/features, lead trainings;
• Additional duties, as assigned.
• A minimum of 3 years in product or project management; candidates with experience with lean product management, and/or agile methodologies preferred;
• Experience identifying and leading high-value iterative improvements to digital products;
• Understanding of product lifecycle and development, digital product strategy, and data-informed decision-making;
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and presentation skills;
• Proficiency in WordPress CMS; working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs;
• Familiarity with project management software (Basecamp, Trello).
The ideal candidates will be a fantastic problem solvers and communicators as well as highly collaborative. They will be strategic, analytical, and detail oriented – willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done. They will be passionate about driving our mission & serving our audiences.
Candidates with any of the following are preferred: Experience working in media, on video streaming websites, OTT and/or mobile apps, creating wireframes and/or testing prototypes using software such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Invision, Marvel App or similar, knowledge of basic HTML, CSS and PHP.
Apply online at WNET Careers.
The WNET Group
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee’s or an employee’s dependent’s sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.