Code.org® is a nonprofit dedicated to expanding access to computer science in schools and increasing participation by young women and students from other underrepresented groups. Our vision is that every student in every school has the opportunity to learn computer science as part of their core K-12 education. The leading provider of K-12 computer science curriculum in the largest school districts in the United States, Code.org also created the annual Hour of Code campaign, which has engaged more than 15% of all students in the world.
Code.org is looking for a Senior Product Manager who is excited to expand access to computer science education and empower all K-12 schools to teach this foundational subject. You will be part of the team that crafts the website and tools platform that provides the most popular K-12 Computer Science curriculum to students and educators around the world. Specifically, you will work on experiences that help educators deliver classroom instruction (ex: progress tracking, providing feedback and assessing learning), and support organization-wide initiatives to improve student experiences in our classrooms!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Connect with customers, dig into data, do market research and synthesize these ideas into a product vision and a prioritized roadmap
- Partner with Design, Curriculum and Engineering teams to create user experiences that delight K-12 educators and students
- Collaborate with the rest of the product team to ensure a cohesive end-to-end experience across the entire product line
- Connect with external organizations and find opportunities for beneficial partnerships
- Help refine our team processes, including how we balance important requests from our internal and external partners; how we use data and user research in our work; and how we deliver on multiple high-impact projects simultaneously
- Wear many hats to help drive one of the biggest movements in education
We provide a supportive environment that moves quickly but also allows for experimentation and acknowledges that mistakes are part of the learning process.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- A demonstrated ability as a program manager or product manager with at least 5 years of experience building web-centric products/services
- Crafted user experiences for non-tech savvy customers
- Experience using data to make decisions
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong technical background, and has taken computer science courses or has experience with programming
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with other teams or organizations
Additional skills and interests that would help you be successful in this role:
- Teaching or volunteering experience in K-12 classrooms
- Experience helping an agile organization mature its processes
In addition, candidates:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
WHAT IS THE INTERVIEW PROCESS LIKE?
Step 1: Informational Interview (30 minutes) – learn more about the role and share your experience
Step 2: Interviews with several members of the Product, Engineering, and Curriculum teams (~ 3-4 hours)
*There will be a task we ask you to do in preparation for your interviews
Step 3: Final Interviews with PM Manager and CTO (~2 hours)
Step 4: Reference Checks
All interviews are conducted virtually via Google Meet
The initial review of applications for this position will begin on Monday, January 3rd and preference will be given to applications submitted by this date. Our team will review all applications and if we believe your qualifications would make a great fit, we’ll contact you to schedule an informational interview.
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes:
• Competitive Salary
• Technology subsidy consistent with our Bring Your Own Device environment
• Flexible, engaging working environment
• Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation annually, sick leave, and ‘winter break’ office closure the two weeks that include Christmas and New Years.
• Medical, dental and vision premiums paid at 100% for FT positions and their dependents
• Option to participate in 403b retirement savings plan
• Annual professional development stipend
• The opportunity to help students learn better and change the face of computer science
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation