At Animoto, we have always believed video is the most powerful form of communication. We make best-in-class, easy-to-use web and mobile video creation apps, with pre-built narrative templates and stunning video styles, that help our customers customize their own engaging videos to share on social media and beyond.
As a result of the pandemic, small businesses face unprecedented challenges in connecting with their audience. Consumers are also challenged to connect with friends and family. Video can bring us together. That’s why our mission is to help anyone make powerful, professional videos.
This is an amazing opportunity for a product manager who is passionate about helping small businesses succeed through video marketing, and consumers connect with one another. If you have strong PM practices, are a collaborative leader of multidisciplinary teams, and have experience managing a product that delivers a great user experience across web and mobile devices – we’d love to discuss how you can help us:
- Grow our video marketing solutions for Small Businesses, further defining the strategy and roadmap for this critical market segment.
- Enable groups and teams to easily collaborate in video creation/production.
- Make video creation faster, easier, and more fun, in ways that have never been done before
What you’ll do:
- Know our customers. You’ll work to deeply understand our customers through analytics, research, and regular interaction with customers.
- Create strategy. You’ll help to shape our Small Business (SMB) solution(s), build business cases for the investment of new features, and ship product capabilities that achieve it.
- Own the roadmap for the SMB customers. You’ll capture a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritize this work so that your team is always working on the most impactful projects in service of our company objectives.
- Work toward outcomes. You’ll constantly evaluate trade-offs between options and the engagement and success of solutions to user problems through quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Build and execute solutions with your team. You’ll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers. You’ll work with them to think big and turn problems into incremental solutions.
- Take a Lean approach. You’ll work with your team to ship value to customers as early and often as you can by scoping solutions down to the smallest version that will help us learn.
- Lead, Communicate, Collaborate effectively. You’ll regularly present to the company to gather feedback, obtain buyin, or inform stakeholders on the roadmap, progress, and learnings.
- Uphold the user experience. You’ll seek to improve the quality of the user experience in the areas of the product that your team owns.
What we’re looking for:
- 3-6 years of professional experience that show strong product management practices, applied within a relevant technology organization. Bonus points for experience with SaaS, digital marketing, video marketing, digital assets, or Small Businesses
- A track record of delivering customer value via business-to-consumer or business-to-small business products and features; with a corresponding record of business growth.
- Ability to balance qualitative customer insights from interviews, and quantitative customer data analysis to inform decisions.
- Collaborative leadership of cross-functional agile software development teams including designers, engineers, data analysts, and marketers. Bonus points for experience in Scrum.
- Great communication skills. Whether having a one-on-one discussion, facilitating a team meeting, writing documents, or presenting to stakeholders, you know how to communicate at the right level for the right audience.
- Partner on go-to-market, launch, packaging, pricing, and customer support activities working with colleagues from the corresponding teams.
- An entrepreneurial attitude. You don’t wait for direction. You’re self-driven and take action proactively. You make data-informed, timely decisions and unblock yourself and your team.
What we offer:
- We’re a bunch of hard-working, fun-loving folks who make great products and support our customers. Our teams are fully remote (office-optional in Noho, NYC) across the United States.
- Work with really smart, talented, and interesting people.
- Work with a diverse team spanning engineering, marketing, product, and design.
- Biannual company events.
- Opportunities to learn and grow; we encourage exploration and provide opportunities that will challenge you professionally.
- Competitive salary, bonus, equity, 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents, 401k, and paid time off to name a few.
- Remote work setup
- Bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Thursdays, Focus Fridays
At Animoto, we help our customers communicate who they are, what they do, and what they love through video. Our users come from all walks of life and are connected by their desire to use video to share what matters most to them. We’re proud to help them share these passions.