Product Manager – Marketplace
The Product team is seeking an exceptional Product Manager to join our core global marketplace team. This team owns the core fundingcircle platform which consists of various domains such as Payments, Loan servicing, Exchange and financial accounting and reporting. Millions of transactions flow through this platform on a daily basis.
As a Product Manager, you will…
- Own one of the domains in the marketplace team. The marketplace platform facilitates millions of transactions daily at an ever-increasing rate.
- Manage a development team’s backlog – write and prioritise stories, manage the roadmap.
- Make decisions on scope to deliver value in small increments as quickly as possible
- Understand the minimum viable product (MVP) – prioritise what is needed for launch and learn as quickly as possible.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders – be the go-to person for a wide range of colleagues and clients, enable fast decision-making, keep track of deadlines and agendas
- Support existing clients – add new features and deal with client issues
You’ve been there and done this…
- You are passionate about marketplaces and data
- You are excited about solving the hard technical challenges with large-scale financial systems.
- You have proven experience with managing agile development teams
- You have a mindset geared toward data analytics and reporting for measuring success
- You possess the desire and ability to navigate from “what is being asked” to “what is the need”
- You have strong, proven problem-solving skills with proven ability to dig deep to fully understand the desired solution /outcome
- You have a solid technical background – understanding of web technologies and software development for complex data-driven systems
- You have the ability to own product development throughout the entire product lifecycle, particularly the requirement and design phases
It would be great if you’ve also had…
- Prior experience with marketplace and or financial systems
- Experience in building asynchronous distributed systems
- Engineering or Computer Science degree, or relevant experience
- Genuine interest in finance and especially debt markets
- Experience working on a global project with teams across geographies and time zones