At Pento, we’re building a better and faster payroll experience for companies and their employees. We’re a remote-first company, with a team in over 17 different countries.
We’re looking for a Head of Product to build and lead our Product teams, and help us continue to build an amazing product that our customers love and trust.
The short version
Where: Remote 🌎, +3/-3 CET hours.
What: Product strategy and direction, team building and leadership, recruitment, cross-team collaboration, performance and quality.
Why: Payroll and employee compensation haven’t changed in many, many years, and we are experiencing first-hand how much companies are demanding something better. We’ve built the first ever fully automated payroll platform, have strong traction in the UK, and are only just getting started changing this massive market.
Who: Reporting to Jonas Bøgh (co-founder, CEO) and working closely with Emil Hagbarth (co-founder, CTO), and an exceptional team of Engineers, Designers, and Product Managers.
Leadership and vision
- Owning and driving the product roadmap for Pento, and prioritising product investments with input from our internal teams, customers, and external stakeholders in mind.
- Working with Engineers, Product Managers and Designers to innovate and build new, exceptional product features and improvements for our customers, while maintaining the quality and experience of our existing product.
- Working collaboratively with other teams to ensure alignment on problem domains and how to build the best possible experience for our customers.
- Being an active advocate for Pento, our platform and our technology.
Goal setting and process building
- Developing and implementing processes and systems, providing a means for effective performance management and reporting.
- Identifying the highest value drivers to increase productivity, and strive to find the right balance between high quality and fast iteration.
- Communicate priorities and direction to relevant stakeholders, ensuring everyone is on the same page.
- Building and leading a high performing Product team.
- Empowering the product teams to make high quality decisions fast by developing clear and strong product principles.
- Fostering a strong feedback culture, where all team members are encouraged to challenge and be challenged on their opinions and beliefs in order to always optimise for the best possible outcome.
The role will be a great fit if…
- You have proven experience in a similar position; you have been within a Lead or Head of role during rapid phases of growth and funding rounds.
- You’re strategic and a natural problem solver.
- You’re an inspiring leader and able to take a team on a journey.
- You have been responsible for leading a scaling Product team – including setting up and developing best practices to align with company growth.
- You’re a confident and effective communicator, able to tailor format and content based on your audience.
- You’ve a proven ability to challenge, influence and do things differently with positive business benefits.
- You know how to deal with ambiguity and are able to navigate through it with perseverance, and with a positive attitude.
- You’re a results driven coach who supports, develops and inspires others to excel.
- You’re pragmatic and results oriented — you’re able to take ownership and execute on tasks as well as able to delegate projects.
Bonus skills and experience
- You’ve led teams in a distributed/remote setup.
- You’ve built similar products in SaaS, B2B or fintech.
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you and you think it could work, let’s chat.
Our benefits and perks
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success.
- Flexible working, and the best tech and home set-up equipment of your choice.
- Unlimited time off and yearly team summits.
- The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory.
You can read more about our broader perks here.
What it’s like working at Pento
We’re a technology company, not an accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We’re building a better and faster payroll experience for companies and their employees. Pento lets you run payroll in real-time, automating the entire process. Instead of relying on spreadsheets, bank transfers, and countless manual checks, our platform gives you complete control over every step with easy-to-use, cloud-based tools, real-time calculations, greater transparency, and exceptional support.
You can watch a short product demo by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here.
Our team and environment
You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
We’re a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better. Our progressive environment of people-first practices supports our team adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. This enables our mission of building a truly inclusive environment.
Why now is a really exciting time to join us
- Payroll hasn’t been disrupted since… ever.
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process.
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we’re probably being conservative here).
- We’re helping over hundreds of companies run payroll across the UK and on a mission to bring Pento to many more!
- Our customers love Pento — our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way).