MakerSights (www.makersights.com) helps retail brands cut waste from their go-to-market processes; waste of time, waste of materials, and waste of profits.
Historically, retail brands have lacked tools to reliably surface relevant insights to product decision-makers in actionable formats – as a result, the industry has been forced to make inventory bets of close to $1 trillion a year without access to objective data to help inform these critical decisions.
Today, MakerSights allows leading brands to ensure their decision-makers are armed with the best possible insights to support their product decision making – leading to faster, more confident, and ultimately less wasteful product decisions. We’re proud to be working with leading brands throughout the world, including 10 of the largest 20 brands in the industry.
We’re growing fast, are backed by top technology investors (G2 Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Baseline Ventures among others), and have a small but mighty team of 70 spread across multiple offices around the world.
Your role & mission:
As a UX Researcher, you will work in partnership with Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists, and Customer Success Managers in a variety of projects that help understand the jobs to be done for our fashion apparel/footwear/home brand users, thereby helping to share our product roadmap and strategy.
In addition, you will contribute to the evolving strategy and methods that research employs to support its partners in understanding the needs and desires of our users and dictate best research practices and operations at MakerSights.
What you’ll do:
– As our 2nd UX research hire, you will help build the foundations and best practices that define what research looks like at MakerSights as we expand.
– Collaborate with Product, Design, Engineering, and leadership to identify and prioritize research topics with the greatest impact.
– Design, conduct, and present research across key product areas within product teams, using the appropriate methods such as surveys, concept testing, usability testing, and in-depth interviews.
– Manage participant recruitment across internal and external panels (set up screener questions, schedule sessions)
– Deeply understand MakerSights’ users & experiences through consumption of relevant external and internal literature, market and competitive trends, and new, primary research.
– Synthesize research findings into actionable recommendations and deliver them in the form of compelling, high-quality deliverables for team and executive-level audiences.
– Work with designers, product managers, and engineers to inform product direction based on research findings
– Democratize access to research for stakeholders by building research programs, platforms, and toolkits that empower them to conduct tactical research.
– Actively contribute to UX Research processes, documentation, and repositories.
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Communications, or a related field.
– Bonus for candidates with a Graduate Degree background.
– Experience conducting a wide breadth of qualitative user research methodologies.
– Understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, statistical concepts, and best sampling practices and biases.
– 2+ years experience conducting research within product organizations
– Experience working in fashion apparel/home/outdoor industries
– Experience with SaaS enterprise applications is a plus